AMCA IMBA CHANGE OF DATE

Only serious sidecar issues please

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

graham
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

AMCA IMBA CHANGE OF DATE

Post by graham »

The AMCA IMBA Sidecar Championship has a new provisional date of July 26 at the same venue of Lower Drayton Farm, Penkridge near Stafford ST 19 5 RE. This date no longer clashes with any sidecar GP but this date has been listed as a provisional date for the ACU Sidecar Championship.
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Re: AMCA IMBA CHANGE OF DATE

Post by Doogle »

The Maxxis dates aren't provisional...
Sos
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Sos »

Why the change of date? IIt's much better to clash with the GPs than clash with a major sidecar event in our own country!!! Have the amca sidecar coordinators been consulted on this and asked their opinion!!!!! We've been trying to avoid clashes like this for the last 3 years to encourage teams to support both amca and acu events and help grow the sport in this country!!!! SMX Wales gave the imba up for next year on the understanding that this arrangement would continue. Looks like we're taking 1 step forward and then we take 2 back!!!! :-(
Gad hi gal hi!!!
papsck
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by papsck »

Funny that. :whistle:
graham
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by graham »

The German IMBA round which was not on the scheduled list of events is now on the 9 th August ( the original British date ). This information is taken from the IMBA website.
elaine
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by elaine »

I have a meeting tonight with the organising club and group will raise the issue . Suspect the club not aware of clash as there fixtures not normally done until after xmas and they proberbly just been issued a date . All is not lost.
elaine
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by elaine »

Hello everyone i spoke to the organiser last night and the 9 aug was the set date , unfortunatly the acu mitchelin mx nationals ( solo,s ) have taken the same date at Hawkstone Park which is only 15 mile away . As the club are also running the amca team race,s with hopefully some acu teams guesting at the event ( £1000 prise money for the winning solo team) financally the club felt it had to move the date, and with OTHER fixture,s done this was the most realistic date .Unfortunatly there is no support class at this event .On the bright side the club are planning to have the sidecars april time once its been put to the club and coalville club are interested in taking us at there coalorton circuit ,both have had fixture lists of maxxis and imba dates and there is also a set going to the amca office . Tony
Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Taffy »

I can't believe that one of 6 British dates has clashed with the IMBA? :dontknow:

it's a shame the organising club didn't arm itself with this info.

Elaine, can I ask:
are they fully versed in ScX? are they aware how many outfits would look to support both events?

I'd have thought, as Aled says that it was better to clash with a GP although I'm sure the international board would hate THAT scenario just as much?

it's such a shame..... best meeting I went too last year. spectator numbers very poor but racing excellent and a great international cast! (did I mention the welsh - 'home rule'!)

and if this clashed with wooley grange....

Taffy
I don't want a works bike I just want their address book! :?: :?:
here is a link to the SMCA web site for ya! http://smcagb.moonfruit.com/ :-D
elaine
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by elaine »

Taffy the dates did NOT clash . gp dates set early doors , imba dates done 8/9 nov and british released 19 nov, all was well and there was no problem until mitchelin nationals took Hawkstone .You can not choose a date which does not clash and then expect the other imba countries to fit in with our championships.Unfortunatley sidecar championships not big enough to push the big solo championships around ACU or AMCA. Ask Aled how much he lost in Wales and as a club is concernd its about making money . The club in question have run imba and a acu british sidecar round and are aware of the lack of numbers etc.At least the maxxis should be full :-D