Post by Ann »

Well done Team GB 2nd overall :-D
Making the tea for them..as usual
Peter Glazier
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: Sidecarcross des Nations

Post by Peter Glazier »

Yes Ann, well done indeed! Congratulations to the three teams, a great performance. Don't know the individual results, or what happened to Belgium, but obviously the lads all got consistent low results.
Stuart/Josh have had another great year, Brett/Steve have stepped up from last year, and consistently got good GP results, and Nick/Dan have made a big step from last year, both in speed and consistentncy, so it's great that the three crews have finished the year on such a high.
Well done again lads, bring on next year!
Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: Sidecarcross des Nations

Post by Taffy »

the belguins tried to substitute one outfit for another I believe in the parc ferme which I guess was never going to happen! they had their points confiscated for the second leg and then had a breakdown I believe in the third. the day started so well with the Belguins setting off in one-two formation before Bax got at them.... he was on fire! that man is f-a-s-t!!!!!! at the presentation the Brits were called up twice in third place but nobody moved. after about two minutes of silence the commentator said that he could only announce what was written on paper. then suddenly he said that in third was Belguim which got an enormous cheer from all of us! LOL!!!!

let's remember for what it basically is what the Belguins did. those that don't know where the line is might queery me over this but for those of us who see just the two colours it is exactly what you'd CALL IT. i'd like to think that with more time and the right people calling it that they would NOT have come to the same conclusion a second time. I went to see the Belguin team and they were deep in conversation after race 1. I raised a cupped hand to my ear and about 10 men turned round and gave me a nasty look. perhaps I should have pointed out that my Flemish wasn't THAT good!

Willemsen and Browny clashed at turn one in heat one and both set off dead last. Willemsen carved through but I think Browny spent a long while behind an Estonian.

Brett had the better weekend even leading a leg i think for a lap or two. the Dutch won the quads as well.

Bax had poor starts all weekend and this helped keep us all entertained, 50 yards in a lap to anyone? he could do it!

the team did really, really well. congratulations to one and all you gave it 100%. there's only one place left..... :drunk:

meeting score? 7/10
DoD: Etiene Bax

Taffy
I don't want a works bike I just want their address book! :?: :?:
here is a link to the SMCA web site for ya! http://smcagb.moonfruit.com/ :-D