Sidecar of nations type race

Only serious sidecar issues please

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

JohnPannell
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Sidecar of nations type race

Post by JohnPannell »

Thinking totally outloud but after coming home from the nations races this weekend (well done to GB btw, all put in solid performances) got us thinking on the way home....
is there any way we in the UK could come up with some sort of 'Des nations' type race, but say counties or area's of the country?!
So a special one off race and say have teams from 'Surrey/sussex, Berkshire etc, or split the country in parts so south east, south west etc..
not sure how we could organize such a meeting but would be quite cool for a one off meeting!? see which part produces the best racers.. all teams would have all abilities too! :thumb:
ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: Sidecar of nations type race

Post by ian.uk »

Years ago there used to be meetings like this. I believe they were called Inter-Centre; they died out as people no longer joined clubs in their centre or their centre no longer supported motocross. Worth a go - but most of the top boys -less Stuart, are from darn souff!
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Showing your age now Ian, yes the Inter centre team events, scrambles, trials, grasstrack played a big part in the racing calender,
We also had "North V South" meetings. :thumb:
Go for it Johny it will be fun,,, can we have an "expats" team :-D
Old School Sidecar-cross
Fear is temporary --- Regret is forever
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Gary Ford used to run an annual meeting along these lines at Hawkstone park for solos, I raced it a couple of times,(even a team mate down one year, you know who you are Tom Smith, breaking your arm the week before) it was great fun, you didn't need to live near each other just enter as a team, it was good supporting your team mates, everybody pit boarding the last moto trying to work out who needed to pass who etc, def made for an interesting day. Rob and I are done for this year but would be up for it next year, get the ball rolling!!!
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Northchapel v The Rest of the World
j i primmer
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by j i primmer »

They do a similar sort of thing in Czech Rep, as mentioned areas may be difficult, maybe make your own team, to make it fair, choosing one team from top 10, one from 10-20, and one below 20th, in British standings of that year, ??? :-D
WFP Sport Sidecar pages
GACA

Post by GACA »

Inter centre sidecars,what a cracking idea!!!i have rode many inter centre trials and enduros and they are always a good end to the year.got my vote!