Only serious sidecar issues please

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

British numbers down....

Post by Taffy »

wow!

I make it that 17 of the 37 scorers last season have not registered. yet again some big hitters go missing....

Tony Graham, Dan Foden, Dave Keane, Walton, McGuire - even Scott Wilkinson isn't there. Bowers, Field, Kueben, Whitt, Barnes....

some of the teams are from the North-east or Northern ireland and can't be expected to do every round surely?

oh well, yet again, the new guys have to make up for a big loss. this is like the 4-5th season with a 30-40% loss rate. as fast as we find teams at one end they drop out at the other.

will that be just upsetting everyone to discuss it openly? It isn't an expensive sport compared to some other motorsports and the outfits don't take up the space of a car? yet you rarely see an outfit on a lil ol' trailer?

regards

Taffy
I don't want a works bike I just want their address book! :?: :?:
here is a link to the SMCA web site for ya! http://smcagb.moonfruit.com/ :-D
SMCAPollyPR
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: British numbers down....

Post by SMCAPollyPR »

Taffy,

Many teams haven't given up, but simply haven't registered for the championship.

There is a clash of two IMBA rounds and two British Rounds this year. If riders wish to ride the IMBAs then they would have their points frozen if they had registered for the British as well. By not registering, they can still enter and score points, without loosing anything if they ride the IMBAs.

I also know for certain at least one team you've mentioned is out through injury, possibly two.