IMBA support races?

Only serious sidecar issues please

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

IMBA support races?

Post by Taffy »

TMX doesn't indicate if there are any support ScX races tomorrow. does anyone know if there are?

Taffy
I don't want a works bike I just want their address book! :?: :?:
here is a link to the SMCA web site for ya! http://smcagb.moonfruit.com/ :-D
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Re: IMBA support races?

Post by Doogle »

Nope.
Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Taffy »

looks like just 17 runners - in the main class. glad i didn't bother now for that.....

Taffy
graham
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by graham »

Yes,17 crews in total, It could be the lowest turnout ever. 6 crews from UK, only 3 from Netherlands and only 2 crews from Germany, Belgium, France and Switzerland. Probably not helped by having IMBA rounds on 3 successive weekends in Austria (30 crews ), France ( 21 crews ) then UK ( 17 crews ).
Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Taffy »

2 scoring riders so four teams sent the minimum just to stay in the frame. How much is three weekends on the trot and how much is them remembering just one British rider last year and saying to themselves; "well if they can't be arsed for their home round (in 2017) should we feel bad?".

Also, we had a perfectly good IMBA date before that got re-arranged (by IMBA but why?) and then tacked on the end of a third weekend "akibonk"so the UK gort the most expensive leg (for Johnnie van Fritz et al)....last? what good is it to have a 5-6 round championship and half of them are set in 15 days?

But the ScX O Nations has gone the same way over the last two seasons. I was at Schwedt and there were teams (or two teams) from all kinds of countries including Australia (just gotta love those Aussies....they love a beer!), in Italy last year it would seem there was a drastic reduction in one year.

If the Lisburn (and NI) boys didn't swell things the British would be minimalist.

It's like a great big shaggy dog shaking off at present. Job to make a functioning sport when there are so many massive upheavals in and out of the season.

No word at the moment on re-scheduling of lost Clubman or British rounds so i guess they won't be happening although it was said that the Quad boys were trying to organise something after the loss of Foxhills?

Taffy
SMCAPollyPR
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by SMCAPollyPR »

Taffy

The clubmans at Toddington won’t be rescheduled. We had one reserve date which is already being used.

As for Foxhills, the ACU have rescheduled.

Regards,
Polly