Pikes Peak 2010 Rig Wanted

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

WildTurkeyWay

Pikes Peak 2010 Rig Wanted

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

I got the following email message from my buddy John "Johnny Killmore" Wood inquiring about possibly "renting" a rig capable of running at Pikes Peak.
Hey buddy,
I´m guessing you still have a lot of contacts in the West Coast sidecarcross scene <insert laugh here>. I am looking for something that´s reasonably close to competitive, and hopefully not a barn find with 10yr old tires. I want to rent it for that week. I trailer, I race, I pay all fees, I pay a rental up front. They get back an un-crashed bike. You know anyone with a bike that fits that bill? Right now I´m just getting feelers out there. No commitments, just is there anyone interested?
Thanks much,
Johnny
I met Johnny last year at Pikes Peak when he rode passenger for his first time on the peak with Jim Hennessy on an old Wasp with an XS650 motor (I think?). I'm pretty sure that rig once belonged to my dad back in the day. He turned out to be one of the most respectful and interesting sidecar racers I've ever met. Interesting is not hard to find in sidecar races, but respectful? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Johnny is West Coast based and normally races a Formula 2 road race sidecar, but he has now caught the Pikes Peak bug.

You can find his Facebook page here (if you do that sort of thing)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... 1789242267

He's quite the storyteller (in the good sense) and his very animated story of his first Pikes Peak adventure can be found here
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490484

I suggested he post here in this forum, but decided to get the thread started for him. Reply here if you have any feedback on him finding a rig to race.

Cheers,
Eric Whitney
Attachments
JK.jpg
JK.jpg (24.94 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
JK1.jpg
JK1.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
Kyler

Re: Pikes Peak 2010 Rig Wanted

Post by Kyler »

I'd loan him my Wasp/CR500 but if I get that baby to the Peak, I'm going to drive it! :lol:

btw, that would mean you'd have to monkey... :shock:
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Kyler wrote:I'd loan him my Wasp/CR500 but if I get that baby to the Peak, I'm going to drive it! :lol:

btw, that would mean you'd have to monkey... :shock:
Does a CR500 even meet the current rules?
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Well... the 2010 rules haven't changed so I'm assuming it is still 2 or 4-stroke, 2 cylinders, 750cc or less. However, the "appearance" rules might get me. The old girl has seen better days...