Pikes Peak 2008

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

Al Wenzel
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Pikes Peak 2008

Post by Al Wenzel »

Well, since it's been very quiet on the USA forum, I thought I'd post something nice about this years Pikes Peak International Hillclimb which was run on July 20th, 2008.

For me, this years event was great fun. Yea, the road was slippery and very dry in the dirt portion, but the run up the hill was fun. Plus, Bryan and I didn't get in a argument all week, so that was much better than last years attempt. (We also didn't have to work on the rig near as much and the Carb tops all stayed where they were supposed to be this year).

It was also fantastic to have a Team from France show up on their Choda-Kawasaki ZX12 rig. Bruno & Sylvie just flew on that machine and they were only off the Sidecar course record by a few seconds when they reached the top (and this was their Rookie year on a road condition that was not conducive to record breaking!!!).

It was great to hang out with Mark McDade & Gerald Goodwin, Stephen Hennessy & Paul Livingston, Dave Hennessy & Bruce Gross and Joshua & Aaron Kennedy. Paul Livingston even arranged for us upright sidecars to have umbrella girls before the start. And then around noon, with Sonny's wave of the flag, we were off on the run, in pairs, naturally.

Almost all of us made it to the top too. Hennessy & Livingston made a miscalculation entering Engineers Corner and had a boo-boo and the Kennedy boys lost a key part of their total loss ignition (the Battery) somewhere up in the W's. Everyone else made it to the top and even had a moment to celebrate with a group picture by the sign at the summit.

I had a very nice time at this years PPIHC and it was fun to hang out with all the sidecar racers during the week.

For more info and results, check out www.ppihc.com

Al,
Sidecar MX is the ultimate Team Sport...
Kyler

Re: Pikes Peak 2008

Post by Kyler »

hey Al - give 'em heck this year! Sorry I can't start my rookie year this year but I expect to be there for the fun in 2010!

Ken Kyler