''Holiday''

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

WildTurkeyWay

Re: ''Holiday''

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Fallsdown wrote:Iguess I better open the Zabel motor up.... maybe you can bring the parts(from England) I need to get it going? The parts can be difficult to get over here. I saw "Road Trip" mentioned..... more the merrier...... I will supply a keg if I hear enough people are coming. It would be great if some sidecars showed up..... Eric, Al, Brian,Chris, Mike,_______,_______,_______?
Did someone say keg? I suppose I could dust off the old kidney...get a hall pass...and enjoy a few beers and some _______ in the proximity of New Mexico.

Where are we going...what are we doing...when are we doing it?
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hello gentlemen, sounds as though it is going to be fun? if you need any parts you need to let me know and i will c what can do? Am racing this weekend so cant wait its been a few weeks since we rode. We are looking forward to meeting you guys as it not long b4 we start our trip? you all be safe and dont forget ride like you stole it.

Mr & Mrs SWprockett # 64 :-P
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Fallsdown wrote:Iguess I better open the Zabel motor up.... maybe you can bring the parts(from England) I need to get it going? The parts can be difficult to get over here. I saw "Road Trip" mentioned..... more the merrier...... I will supply a keg if I hear enough people are coming. It would be great if some sidecars showed up..... Eric, Al, Brian,Chris, Mike,_______,_______,_______?
my god I wish I lived closer. I almost have the Wasp dual-sported and street legal - would have been a lot of fun!
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-$ Hy Fallsdown if Mike Don and John turn up they will nead a keg each :lol: had rather a lot off beers with them at 3 GPS .I first met the Guys quite a few years back and there all good crack they wear having a great trip picking up many gifts and suvinears along the way Mike even got the sidecar front plate off Daniel Willemsen (god nows how he will get it in his case} . Wearever they turned up they wear made very welcome weather it be at the track or peoples houses they even blaged a free days riding on ktms and wear all kitted out with new gear think Mikes still got the bruses but i think they managed to fix the bike. If you ever get the chance to take a trip with them in the future go for it you will have a blast .Try not to hurt Sproket ot thre wear very short of passengers in UK .Cheers Mark. ;-)
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

hi guys,hope all is well with you guys as not heard anything latley? we've just had a fun/practise day that was a great succsess and greart fun? the holiday is getting close so need to sort out the dates etc?

Hopefully racing at the Ken Hall Trophy 30th/31st on the twin shock which should be fun,shame your not in England for that weekend?

Well hope all is ok? and cant wait to meet you all.

Take care and RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT??

Mr & Mrs Sprocket # 64
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Now there IS a race in September! I decided I'm going to race the Mexican 1000, which is an "easy" version of the Baja 1000 desert race. I'll be riding my V-Rod rig with Kevin Anderson passengering the whole way. It's a 3 day race covering . . . 1000 miles (1600 km), from the top of Baja to the bottom. It starts in Mexicali, Mexico. That's just over the boarder, not far from Yuma, Arizona. As far as I know, we'll be the only sidecar, so I guess it will be more of a marathon adventure than a "race". Friends are welcome to see us off at the start!

Details:
Tech Inspection: Sept 16
Race Start: Sept 17 (in Mexicali)
Race Finish: Sept 19 (in La Paz)
Race Website: http://www.norra.com/

Video from our training ride last weekend: http://www.vholdr.com/node/41072
And another: http://www.vholdr.com/video/harley-sidecar-towing-ktm
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

uhhh... Mr Scott sir... isn't the VRod a post '89 vehicle? Or is the EML frame pre-89?
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Kyler wrote:uhhh... Mr Scott sir... isn't the VRod a post '89 vehicle? Or is the EML frame pre-89?
The V-Rod is running in the "Alternative Fuels Vehicle" division using E85 fuel :mrgreen:
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by chris m. johnson »

There are loose plans that a bunch of the local SoCal GP/MXers are looking for a mutual date in September for a desert trail ride and the Viewfinders GP is October 3-4 weekend in Ridgecrest and should be a handfull of those three wheeled things there too.

Keep in touch and give some dates and we will try like crazy to accomodate. Cheers, CJ
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hello guys, looking to leave my sister's in Safford, AZ, around the 24/25th of september. Will head towards Albuquerque and stay there for a couple of days. If you know of a desent hotel there it would be cool?

We are both looking forward to meeting you guys and having a good days riding and prehaphs a few beers after? :-P

Take care and see you all soon

Mr & Mrs Sprockett #64

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
John Harte

Post by John Harte »

Thanks to all the great Brits I met on the Eur-09 Sidecarcross Tour. And thanks to everybody else from whatever country. What a blast! The holiday of a lifetime! Matty, Marc, Angus, Jabba, Mark, Dave, Luke, Stewart, Mallards'...........the list goes on and on. Unfortunately, I cannot make the "road trip" to New Mexico. It sounds great and I would like to ride, but have used up all my vacation (holiday) time and it is at least a days drive there and back. :-(
It seems Chris Johnson has some California sidecar fun ride planned and I hope to make it if he keeps me posted.
Howay the lads ------ Ping Pong. I hope to see everyone soon!
John Harte
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

I am now tied up for the weekend of Sept 11th. But I can help drain a keg just about any other time :mrgreen:
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hi guy's.

Just starting to pack, any news on the possibilty of meeting up for a ride? need to know whether to pack my riding gear :-?
As there wont be a lot of room by the time Mrs Sprockett has packed all her HANDBAGS?????????? :lol:

Hope you are all well and riding hard {thats sidecar's}

Hope to see you all soon.

Mr & Mrs Sprockett #64 8-)
Fallsdown

Post by Fallsdown »

Sorry I did not read your post until this morning. Hotels are no problem.... email me at (fallsdown at cableone.net) or call 505 280 0561 The weather has been great some rain to keep the dust down. Dave Hennessy