YOUR HELP IS NEEDED

General forum information, forum rules, and requests regarding these forums. Also, questions and issues regarding the SidecarCross.com web site.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Are you gonna support Rik and Rien?

Yes, i will make a donation :-)
97%
No.. :-(
3%

Total votes: 33

Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED

Post by Rien.nl »

Hello fans,
As most of you will know there was a theft from the press room at Jauer during the Sidecarcross of Nations whilst the team presentations were being made on Saturday evening.
As a result of this Rik Claeys and myself, Rien Willems, have suffered significant losses.
We had both been working in the press room but left to attend the presentation, leaving all our equipment in the room which was locked by a club official.
The equipment stolen from us was 2 laptop computers, two cameras, 5 lenses, various filters, converters, flash guns, etc.
The total value of all this equipment is approximately € 15000,00
After preparing our report for the police we had to wait for a response from the club’s insurers. The organizing club has now informed us that their insurance does not cover them for theft during an event.
Without this equipment we will be unable to continue next season.
Therefore we are looking for help to replace all this equipment ready for next season. Your help would be much appreciated.

I did ask many teams (sended over 75 emails) from the worldchampionship, IMBA, National championships for some support but only 2 teams did give a reaction and are willing to help. :dontknow:
I did not ask for financial support (but this would be very welcome) but did ask for personal items such as race shirts, helmets, number plates or anything autographed by the team to be donated so that we can offer these items on http://www.sidecarcross.com in an online auction.
Unfortunately without the support of the teams there will be no auction…

Now I am struggling about the 2012 season… what to do ? ? ?
I did work more then 10 years to inform you about races, presenting you all correct results, many photos, an opportunity to discuss about our sport, possibilities to write your message, promote your team.
But also behind the screen I was working on many items: contact to many organizers to get accurate information, helping organizers with supporting and promoting their events, providing photos to teams, organizers, media like newspapers, websites and magazines, providing corrections to the FIM around race results, names, nationalities, brands, promoting our beloved sport In many ways, contact with FIM CMS commission about conditions at the races to improve the worldchampionship etc. etc.
My biggest question now; why, for what and for who ? ? ?
I am really proud on those 14 supporters and 7 companies who did support Sidecarcross.com this season. :thumb:
But now it’s a complete different situation and without the support of you all, it isn’t possible to continue in 2012 ! ! !
Due to some serious medical problems with some nerves in my back i became unemployed, working isn’t an option anymore and daily I need a lot of (strong) medication which keeps me going on.
Walking and this medication is the only remedy for me now, this keeps me going on at this moment.

Now it is up to you to help me
So without any help it is definitely over.
This means:
• The sidecarcross.com forum goes off line
• no more results directly from the races
• no photos any more of any event
• no photos from other user
• no information from other users
• no for sale / wanted advertisement
• results updates just days after the races (if available and incl. all errors)
• etc. etc.

We have over 2600 registered members on our forum, not all are active but at least 1500 users are active.
If those 1500 users should donate a small amount of money (10 euro), then neither I or Rik would have any problem for next season.
Go to http://www.sidecarcross.com/donate and see how you can support us.

For all questions, info, ideas, etc.:
Rien Willems
rien@sidecarcross.com
jack young
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: YOUR HELP IS NEEDED

Post by jack young »

Hi Rien I don't have paypal but i will find someone who has or i will give a donation to someone who is going to one of the early GP's to pass on to you ,

jack :-D :beer: :drunk:
watch those glasses .
sorry lads you'll pay for these i've got no euros left.Has anyone seen the brits ?
gn57ozdbobwoodrow

Post by gn57ozdbobwoodrow »

will send donation with a brit crew when gps start :thumb:
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-D P M me your address Rien and i will post it to you .Greets Mark. :thumb:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
iankaz

Post by iankaz »

Happy To help / paypal donation made
Keep up the good work
abueeler

Post by abueeler »

Hi Rien - thanks for the great work you are doing for the forum but for the sidecar cross sport in general. Our donation should have arrived your PayPal account.

Thanks,
Team Büeler
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

Status update on December 15.
To inform you all whats going on at this moment, here's a small summary:

Almost 1000 users of this forum did read this topic.
30 persons used the poll to say that they will support me.
There are several people who did promise me to make a donation.
Now there is total of 11 donations i did receive (thanks to all who donated generous). This start is already enough to keep the website and forum alive.

Also i can announce that there comes an on-line auction on the forum.
First i was a little disappointed because i did send over 75 e-mails to the teams and i received only 2 responses from teams in past 14 days.
Now i realized/find out that only a few teams really did receive and/or read the email so i did try to contact them once again and now slowly some items arrive.
If there is any team who still wants to donate some item(s) for this on-line auction, please contact me. (see the 1st message on top)
At this moment i have received already 10 items and i understand that more items are send.
Several of these items are VERY exclusive
In the week before Christmas i will open this auction on the forum.

And last but not least... as you may did see there are 2 very generous offers in the "for Sale" section of this forum. :thumb:

I did try to contact Rik several times, but for some reason i can't get connected to him. I don't know what he did received or what he is doing at this moment.
From some teams i understand that they handed over some items to Rik for this on-line auction, but i don't know what and if i do not get this information i can not put these items into the on-line auction.

Thats the situation for this moment.
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

And today i did receive another 2 very generous donations :thumb: :jump:
Also some items are promised, i only hope that they receive in time before the auction starts next week... :hammer:
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hi Rien,
Im glad that things are begining to look up for you, where will we find out about the stuff that you have organised for auction :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Am lookin forward to the auction and i hope all goes well

yours a loyal supporter

Sprockett64 :beer: :beer: :beer: :
drunk:
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

Last evening I finally spoke with Rik.
Rik did try several times to contact the organizing club MC Jauer again, but after the confirmation from the club's insurer, there was no contact anymore, not by e-mail and not by telephone.
After the promise from MC Jauer by their president Mr. Thomas Zowalla to help us where possible, there is only silence at this moment.

Rik also told me that there will be a benefit evening (Solidarnosc in Motosports) with music, drinks and food to support Rik.
You will find the poster for this event below.

From the beginning I was always talking about supporting Rik AND Rien, during a good conversation last evening Rik decided to go his own way.
Rik is organizing his benefit evening for his account. I will continue my action/auction on Sidecarcross.com for my account.
So this means that the items donated by the teams and given to Rik personal, will not show up in the auction here on this forum.
We agreed that after ending the auction and the benefit evening we discuss the financial situation.
30dec-rik.jpg
30dec-rik.jpg (163.95 KiB) Viewed 10656 times