Changes and modification on the new forum

General forum information, forum rules, and requests regarding these forums. Also, questions and issues regarding the SidecarCross.com web site.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changes and modification on the new forum

Post by Rien.nl »

Already some days the new forum is running and as far as i can see everything goes smooth.
This new forum software gives user many new possibilities:
The style of this new forum is by default complete new. Some do like it and some don't.. But there is an option to change back to the "old" style.
Therefor you need to go to the user panel and click the "Board preferences" tab.
In this screen you can change this style "Prosilver" into the old style "Subsilver2"
Just above that setting, you can again choose your language.
Available languages are:
- British English (default)
- Dutch (Nederlands)
- French (Francais)
- German (Deutsch)

If you have changed your language, then it will be more easy to understand all new features.
Just browse around and see what else is new. Most items are explained in the FAQ page
And even this page is in your preferred language :-D

It would be nice to put your location (place, country) in the location field and also your birthday can be added on the profile tab.
This information will be used in 2 modification (add-ons) which are planned to integrated into this forum as soon as they are released.
These modifications are:
- a calendar which contains the birthdays of the users and the dates of sidecarcross related events
- and as 2nd modification is google maps with location of the users and locations of events.
Both modifications are in a testing phase now

I don't bring back the shoutbox/chatbox as we had some period in our previous forum. This option was only used incidental, so i think it was not interesting enough for our users.

If you have any suggestions, remarks, questions, then please post a reply or send me a PM (private message)
Only then we can make this forum working like YOU want it.

Rien. 8-)