Creating Avatars (small icons)

General forum information, forum rules, and requests regarding these forums. Also, questions and issues regarding the SidecarCross.com web site.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

johanjeppsson

Creating Avatars (small icons)

Post by johanjeppsson »

An Avatar is a small icon used in Forums that show you or something you like, shown when you’ve written a message. It adds colour to the forum and looks cool, but, it takes time to load, so users of ordinary 56.6 modems will probably loath them.
Please, only have one big Avatar next to your name and NONE in your signature.

Using any picture-editing program it’s easy to create an Avatar. Just crop the picture and change size until it’s max 128*200 pixels and max 8kb big. The smaller the better.
Two formats only, JPG or GIF. If you have a “Save for webb...â€
rabie
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by rabie »

been trying this for ages and whatever i do i can't make the jpg i have get below 18kb

i use this in various forms on countless websites and never had a problem like this

thanks in advance for any answers/help

rabie 8-)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

rabie wrote:been trying this for ages and whatever i do i can't make the jpg i have get below 18kb. i use this in various forms on countless websites and never had a problem like this. thanks in advance for any answers/help
rabie 8-)
In this forum, the avatar must be 128 or less pixels wide, and 200 or less pixels tall. The image you have there is larger than that. I resized it for you and uploaded it to your avatar, so your mug is famous now.

While messing with this I saw that ALL the avatars were broken (not showing in the forum). I think I found the problem there, and fixed it.
rabie
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by rabie »

nice one ;-) - i had tried resizing several times but that never fixed it

rabie 8-)