Triple clamp for Upside down fork.

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Agapito Reyes

Triple clamp for Upside down fork.

Post by Agapito Reyes »

Where can I get triple clamp for upside down fork for WP ? Building a frame around a KTM 525 motor I bought from eBay. Thank you for any leads.
stephan

Re: Triple clamp for Upside down fork.

Post by stephan »

Hi,

try Are Kaurit (AYR):

http://www.kauritmoto.com/

Regards,
Stephan
Agapito Reyes

Post by Agapito Reyes »

Thank you Stephan. I sent an email to Kaurit Moto a week ago and have no reply as of today. I will try and contact him again. Is there a difference in the fork tubes he uses in his sidecar besides the triple clamp? Going with conventional fork as I can source this at a reasonable price than leading link forks.
stephan

Post by stephan »

Hi,

you'll need also different axle clamps and a bracket for the steering damper. Some people did use the full length satisfactory but mostly the stroke is restricted with a few centimetres. Depending on your type of front fork you'll have than to shorten the original springs or in case you have the older type (single chamber), you could use the newer (double chamber) springs directly.

There have been some of these sets for sale at this forum. Maybe an easier start, check them out.

Regards,
Stephan
Agapito Reyes

Post by Agapito Reyes »

You are right, Stephan. I will send email to the guys posted their forks here. It will be less expensive if i get i used. More money for the rest of the project.