Which GP to go to in 2017?

List of all FIM Grand-Prix Sidecar events, dates, locations, travel information and directions.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

jared1704

Which GP to go to in 2017?

Post by jared1704 »

Hi
I'm hoping to make a trip to spectate at my first Sidecar cross GP in 2017, unfortunately there is never a GP in England so I need to travel abroad.
Could anyone recommend a track that is particularly worth visiting? I was thinking of a round in France like Chaumont as it is closer to UK, but I don't know anything about the track or the area.

Thanks
Wildman

Re: Which GP to go to in 2017?

Post by Wildman »

Although I've been to many GPs, of the 2017 circuits. I've only been to Reutlingen and Roggenberg. They're both decent circuits. I'm told that Kegums is a good one but it's a long way to travel. I'm planning on getting to Kivoli and maybe Stelpe too next year. I've not been to the circuit but the area around Chaumont is not fantastic, compared to the rest of the country, but it's France, so always worth a visit.

You'll have a blast no matter which one you pick although the weather can be a big factor, as you might guess.
Billyboy46

Post by Billyboy46 »

Hi

Genk is a good GP as the whole meeting is sidecarcross with support and twinshock classes.

Also its very easy to get to the circuit good for camping or close to Genk town if need hotel.

Billy
BANKSY
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by BANKSY »

HI,
Iffendic is a great French track, you can go Portsmouth-Le Harve boat too and it will save on driving.
We took in the Normandy beaches and war memorials the day before to make a trip of it?
jared1704

Post by jared1704 »

Thanks for the replies so far, I think France is my favourite so far and Iffendic looks like a good track from pictures but never been in person.
I'm hoping for a Brown/Chamberlain win, wherever I go!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Good luck, I really hope you get your wish :-D
Old School Sidecar-cross
Fear is temporary --- Regret is forever
jared1704

Post by jared1704 »

I have decided on Iffendic in July as my first race to go to. It might be the final season to watch Brown, with new passenger Millard!