News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Death Valley Rally 2005

Post by Scott »

Death Valley Rally

We spent 4 days out in Death Valley and Dumont Dunes riding Charlie Rauseo's Death Valley Rally. Charlie had much of his Dakar team there. Overall we had a nice group to ride with. Charlie had setup two 150+ mile (240km) routes, and Duane and I had mapped a 41 mile (66km) short loop. We all rode those routes over a two or three day period, mixed in with dunes practice, working on bikes, talk of Dakar, ond more. Each route was fully mapped out on large format roadbooks including GPS waypoints, cap headings, and other navigation info. All went fairly well, with no injuries, and only a few “lost in the desertâ€
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Sounds like it's going well with the usual cracks and breaks, of course. Keep us posted on your training plans and dates on the off chance that we can look you up in the dunes somewhere in Mexico.
Eric Whitney
jack young
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by jack young »

Hi scott ,looking at the state of the sprocket i'm surprised :-o you managed to limp in. :shock: good luck with the rest of your training and shake down runs.

jack 8-) 8-)

this geordie boy is glad he's only watching the dakar.
watch those glasses .
sorry lads you'll pay for these i've got no euros left.Has anyone seen the brits ?
Pascal
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Thanks!

Post by Pascal »

Hi Scott

Thank you for the interesting story! Go on! 8-)