Hog Wild Racing arrives in Lisbon!

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

WildTurkeyWay

Hog Wild Racing arrives in Lisbon!

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

The Hog Wild Racing team arrived in Lisbon on the morning of 12/22 at about 6am local time. Having departed at 7:15am from Los Angeles, the total travel time was about 16 hours. This travel followed an all night session (no sleep) by the team getting ready for the trip. Hopefully Scott and Duane and Ralph will find some time to sleep in the next few days.

A phone conversation indicated that the sidecar was on display in the middle of a restaurant in Lisbon. Must be quite a sight for the patrons.

Last word from Scott was that he does not have internet access. I will do my best to keep everyone updated with news that is not available other places.

Cheers,
Eric Whitney
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

DAKAR

Post by chris m. johnson »

Hey Eric, too bad you couldnt join Scott, Duane and your dad - what an adventure.

Thanks for the update and look forward in seeing more. You and yours have a great and merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years.

For those who have cable and dish network, OLN will be giving the day after updates so check your schedules to hope to catch Team HOGWILD racing on the small screen.

Catch you next time - Chris
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Scott posted the OLN TV schedule at
http://www.sidecarcross.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3079

Cheers,
Eric Whitney
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thanks to MANY friends from the local Nomads Trail & Moto Club, we are here in Lisbon, and I now have limited Internet. Everything is going well so far, so we are pretty happy. We will go through all the administration and inspections on Wednesday.

Merry Christmas!
Since McDonalds was closed, we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Christmas dinner.

I'll prepare a more complete message in the next day or two.
WildTurkeyWay

Post by WildTurkeyWay »

Good News on your new found internet access!
Eric Whitney
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Eric,

Outgoing email is a problem, so here you go:

I now have repaired voltage converter, repaired laptop charger, and loaner wireless internet with limited bandwidth. I hope to have time in the next day or two to post info and photos. I hear there is some stuff on AdvRider from the locals here.

Except for computer, all is going really well here. Adriana/Jack are here and Jim/Nao Spicher will pass through again ina few days..

My cell works, so call me if needed.

Yes, use dakar.com info as needed.

Will try to post something in our Hog Wild News page NOW.

See ya,

Scott