DAKAR 2007

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Mike Burns Jr

DAKAR 2007

Post by Mike Burns Jr »

Hello Scott & Duane,

I was sad to hear mechanical problems ended your DAKAR adventure before you saw the checkers.

I would like to donate to the HOGWILDRACING 2007 Dakar effort. Is the same Paypal link active?

I support HOGWILDRacing DAKAR 2007
:lol:
Mike Burns Jr
EMLMTH1
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

TEAM HOGWILDRACING for 2007

Post by chris m. johnson »

Paul and I will like to assist in your 2007 effort financially, and look forward to much better luck for you and Duane in 2007.

Chris & Adrian Johnson / Paul Stimson
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

HI Scott,

Do you know if you are going to make Dakar 2007 yet?? Hope you manage to make it there again.

All the best mate

Dave
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Sorry guys, we won't be going this year. We didn't find a major sponsor, so we can't afford to do it this year. We have our eye on Dakar 2008, though that will still require a big sponsor. To go again, with a high level of racetime support, we need about $130,000 (100,000 euros). Donations from our friends would be cool, but that would not make it anywhere near the budget target. The best thing our friends could do would be to connect us with someone who would be interested in a major sponsorship for Dakar. Thanks all for your continued enthusiasm. We'll get there one way or another. It's just going to take some time.

--------------------------------------

A week ago Duane and I did nearly 500 miles on the sidecar in the desert creating rally training routes for our Death Valley Rally. This is an event Charlie Rauseo and I organized to train competitors headed for Dakar. On that Saturday at 8:00am we headed out of Dumont Dunes (on the boarder of Death Valley), following our preplanned rally route to Primm, Nevada, and back. We didn’t arrive back at the truck until 2:00am the following morning. Taking out time for two gas stops and a quick dinner, that was about 16 hours of riding, much of it at night. Crazy stuff!

Just this weekend I spent another 4 days out there providing the actual training. We had 14 Dakar 2007 competitors, and another 15 or so who hope to go to Dakar within the next few years. Top on the attendees list were Chris Blais (KTM/Redbull), Andy Grider (co-driver for Robby Gordon), Jonah Street (hotshot privateer), Elmer Symons, and nearly every other American headed for Dakar this coming year, including the cars teams. All went well as they rode over 550 miles of our rally routes using our Dakar style roadbooks, and the other cool rally gizmos. I'll be living Dakar 2007 through those I helped train.
Pascal
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Thanks!

Post by Pascal »

Hi Scott

Thanks for these informations. I really hope you'll find the needed sponsors.

I'm still waiting to win the jackpot in a lottery. Then you're sponsorship is arranged! 8-)