DAKAR RALLY

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

DAKAR RALLY

Post by John Wolverson »

Hello Team Hog Wild Racing. Is there any news from Scott yet? The one question I would like to ask is, did you put a new gearbox sprocket on after those photographs of the badly worn sprocket on the rear wheel that you showed a photograph of on Sidecar Racing W.W, before your departure to europe? Scott what you attempted along with Daune was just brilliant. The two of you, plus your great team attempted what I would say was a near impossible task, after viewing most of the coverage of the terrain of the rally on the tele most nights. Even four by fours get stuck in the deep sand, so what hope had a sidecar outfit got? You had the guts, and most of all the sheer "BALLS" to do it. I think every sidecar crew, and indeed every sidecar supporter in the world felt the total and utter disappointment with you, when your team, along with the other two sidecar teams had to retire from the rally. I would like to offer my heartfelt sympathy, and also most of all my thanks to you and your team for the enjoyment that you have given us all in your build up and your participation in this very daunting of events. I am a very old sidecar motocross racer and you have given me many hours of enjoyment in reading of your exploits in this great adventure. The question we all must ask is, are you going to enter the rally next year?

With thanks.......Johnny Wolverson.