paris d'akar

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Zixel wrote:...So, why dont u use a regular KTM (4 exempl), but with a sidecar attached, sidecar engine and other stuff, just like they do in sidecarcross?
For Dakar, a sidecar needs a BIG engine because the Dakar sidecar is much heavier (extra fuel, tools, spare parts, water, big wheels, ...), and in the sand dunes a bigger engine is better. These days the 950ccm KTM is not used in Dakar (so no benefit if you have that one in your sidecar). And the 660ccm KTM is too small for a Dakar sidecar.
adam

dakar sidecar

Post by adam »

but why a harley?shows yer got a sense of humour i guess!!! adam
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

I dont wonna make a seporate topuic for that... Im just thinking... How many sidekars taking a race in theese days?
I mean im waiting that someday thaey will make a D'akar PC simulator game. There was one D'akar game, and they even added a quads there, cus today i see that there many quads taking a race. But there was no one sidecar in that game =( And when i talk to ppl who wachingthe racing by TV, everybody says "What? Sidecar? Never seen em in Dakar rally!".
how many sidecars do rally theese days? I hope that they will ad theese vehicle in any dakar simulator someday :roll:

And ere all of them are fully custom like your bike? What about quads? Im thinking they add the vehicles in games just to get sponsored from that brands...
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

adam wrote:but why a harley?shows yer got a sense of humour i guess!!! adam
I picked the V-Rod because it won't break, it has great power, and it attracts all the cameras (good for sponsors). No humor in that. But all the chrome does scare the lizards off the trail ahead of us!

See more about our motor selection and the sidecar construction here:
http://www.hogwildracing.com/blog/index ... 6&blogid=1
Zixel wrote:How many sidekars taking a race in theese days? …Dakar game …
On average there is about one sidecar each year in Dakar. Last year there were three. This year I think maybe zero.