Dakar 2010

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Goofy1

Dakar 2010

Post by Goofy1 »

This is my vote to see Scott at the start of the 2010 Dakar!!!
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dakar 2010

Post by Scott »

That's my vote too. But there are still some big challenges for us before we can race there again. It's all about money, which I don't have right now. But things are looking better for us for Dakar 2010, so maybe it's possible??? I went to Dakar 2009 as a spectator and followed the race to see how things work in South America. I had a lot of fun, and learned a lot. It looks like it's easier for the crews in South America (nice highways), but possibly more difficult for the racers in the very tough terrain. While in the bivouac I talked with Daniel Willemsen. He was there racing a Yamaha, solo. He was doing very well, and finished Dakar for the second time. Congratulations to Daniel!!! I asked him if he was interested in racing Dakar on a sidecar. He thought for a few seconds then said "no, I think it's impossible for a sidecar in the sand dunes". So, now it's even a bigger challenge, I must prove the World Champion doesn't know everything about driving a sidecar. Maybe I'm a little bit crazy, but I will do everything possible to take our sidecar to the start of Dakar, and then through the dunes, all the way to the finish! Like Daniel told me, it's a very interesting race because it is so difficult.

http://www.HogWildRacing.com
adam

Post by adam »

WALK AWAY!!!
Goofy1

Post by Goofy1 »

Best of luck to you Scott. If there is anything I can do for you from Kentucky please let me know.

My feeeling is that ASO will relook some of the dunes sections after their troubles this year. Stranding all those vehicles in the dunes didn't look good for them! or is it time to install the "Robby Gordon active tire pressure management system" on the Hog?
Pascal
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Pascal »

Scott wrote:That's my vote too.
Go for it, my friend!
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Scott - setup a PayPal account for contributions! I'll give you my beer money (not all of it of course!) - I want to see a Hog on a podium! :-P