IMBA - Boraston, England RESULTS

Race schedules, results, info. Everything about IMBA sidecar racing.

Moderators: John, Rien.nl

Wend
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

IMBA - Boraston, England RESULTS

Post by Wend »

The first round of the Sidecar IMBA took place today at Boraston, England but unfortunately, following a jury meeting after the first race, it was decided to cancel due to the weather conditions – lots of rain and mud!

Here are the results of race one and therefore, the current IMBA standing:-

1st Simon Bradford /Colin Dunkley (GB) = 60
2nd Theo Morf / Roland Brotzge (CH) = 54
3rd Frank de Grootdt / Stefacn Coeck (B) = 50
4th Martin Huber / Ronny Gloor (CH) = 47
5th Jan Visscher / Alfons Eggers (NL) = 45
6th Mark Banks / Peter Girling (GB) = 43
7th Stewart Lines / Martin Taylor (GB) = 41
8th Etienne Bax / Haske Hurkman (NL) = 39
9th Erich Zang / Markus Mader (D) = 37
10th Alan Grahame / Tony Grahame (GB) = 35
11th Paul Lorre / Thomas Bilenert (D) = 33
12th Roger Vlot / Michael Kremser (NL) = 31
13th Alan Peever / Tony Phillips (GB) = 29
14th Werner Pflughaupt / Michel Bruno (CH) = 27
15th Nick Davies / Jason Davies (GB) - 25
16th Ian Cole / Dean Evans (GB) = 24
17th Josua Luscher / Stefan Schneeberger (CH) = 23
18th Gerton Kops / Roger van de Lagemaat (NL) = 22
19th Cor de Laat / Ben Peters (NL) = 21
20th Martin Kreig / Marius Strauss (CH) = 20
21st Georg Muller / Ulrich Gilsing (D) = 19
22nd Ton van Keulen / Perry van geloven (NL) = 18
23rd Norbert Jansen / Stefan Kleine (D) = 17
24th David Petty / Lee Machin (GB) = 16
pietje

standing after wich lap???

Post by pietje »

Can someone tell me if this was the order of drivers when the red flag was shown???? Because if this is so, than it is impossible that for example Stewart Lines is classified so high!!!! He blow his engine and stand at least 4 rounds on the same spot. So what has happened with the classification of the drivers. I think it isn't a fair one. And if this was the standing after three laps(as i heard) than isn't drove 2/3 of the race so it won't cound!!!
Can someone clear this for me. Thanks, a supporter from holland
graham
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

IMBA BORASTON

Post by graham »

YES, THE RESULTS OF THE RACE THAT WAS RUN ARE A MYSTERY TO ME ALSO. THE RACE HAD GONE 17 MINUTES WHEN THE RED FLAG WAS SHOWN. SIMON BRADFORD HAD DONE 7 LAPS, SO WHY WHEN THE RESULTS WERE PUBLISHED, DID THE LAP SCORERS OR JURY TAKE THE RESULTS BACK TO 4 LAPS???
stewart lines
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

boraston

Post by stewart lines »

listen do not complain about results calculated by a computer transponder system it cannot tell lies also i was there to win not be 7th but no complaints maybe next time . also when it rains why do the sand racers always go home when us english struggle in holland and belgium we do the best we can not throw the towel in after one heat because it is to difficult . this championship is to be raced in all conditions . if you dutch cannot do well in the wet send daniel williamson im sure he will win for you regards maximum solutions
always support aston villa
Husser
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Husser »

The Dutch are not driving home when the track is difficult. They come to England to drive 3 heats. They always try to race. But what i heard is that the track was so bad because off the water that a normal race was not possible. and don't talk about Daniel Willemsen like that. He can read and write with a sidecar.
When the results are not fair ,there has to happen something. i'll see you in Heeswijk at 22 oct. I am also there to drive the IMBA race.
With kind regards...
stewart lines
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

heeswijk

Post by stewart lines »

no problem we will bring our bucket and spade and of course our very special transponder :lol:
always support aston villa
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

That has got to be the most ridiculous scoring system I have ever seen.Is it possible to actually not score a point?
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

SCORING SYSTEMS.

Post by John Wolverson »

You are lucky, in the old days, 1960s 70s and 80s only the top ten in each race scored any points, so to get points down to 24th, must be great. And please leave the Dutch alone, they are brilliant riders, and in my humble opinion very good sportsmen.

Johnny Wolverson.....I.M.B.A Sidecar Champion 1970.

Regards.........Johnny Wolverson UK.
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

On that scoring system a point will be awarded for 39th place.....
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

I.M.B.A Sidecar championship points scoring system

Post by John Wolverson »

Hello, I think that the I.M.B.A only allow 30 on the line in their sidecar championship races.
Wendy Maggs could confirm or otherwise.

All the best...........Regards.......... Johnny Wolverson
Last edited by John Wolverson on Fri May 26, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

imba

Post by noddy »

hello nosrevlow,

It was good to hear Mark was at the imba. I'm,sorry i didn't get chance to see you. By the way wot are your veiws on the red flag rule.

imba child****1969****RUSHTON
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Red flags.

Post by John Wolverson »

Hello Noddy, I think the red flag is the only way that in certain circumstances the safety of the public and the riders and passengers can be safeguarded in the event of a major incident. I just wished that the real heroes of our great sport (the marshals) were instructed to put the red flag at least two paces away from the other two flags, so that the red flag can't be deployed by mistake. I didn't witness the incident on the hill at Boraston, but if there is a big hold up, the race does become a bit of a lottery, but that isn't to say that a race should be stopped because of this(only for safety reasons). I think the Bradford/Dunkley, the swiss pairing of Morf/Brotzge, and also some of our other home crews performance was just brilliant in what were quite severe conditions, even for over here in the UK.

See you soon..........Johnny Wolverson.

Ps, Rushton baby?????????????
Wend
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

IMBA Scoring

Post by Wend »

Strange rules they are, but there are points for the first 40 places (!!!) - don't ask why. Sidecar entries for IMBA can be up to 33 which would normally be 5 per country + 3 extras for the home organisation. So the minimum score at an IMBA with a full line-up would be 8 points. But it does mean that those that win do have to be consistent throughout the season as everybody can score points - unlike other championships where a top rider can have problems and be placed lower than the point system and therefore give the other riders a wider points advantage - think about that one!
Wend
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Respone for Pietje

Post by Wend »

Having looked at the IMBA rules for red-flagged races where the race is more than 2/3 complete, it states that the results of "the last full round" will be the result. I would interpret this to have been lap 6 as the leader was on lap 7 when the race was stopped, but the IMBA Official and jury went back to lap 4 - it's obviously how you interpret the words unfortunately.
Rondog
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Rondog »

dont no why you dutch n belgium all the others even bother tryin. simon bradford pisses you every time dont he ?