IMBA - Boraston, England RESULTS

Race schedules, results, info. Everything about IMBA sidecar racing.

Moderators: John, Rien.nl

pietje

Post by pietje »

So guys easy up a little bit. This is not the discussion who will be IMBA champion. Who is a good guy or bad guy. But the situation in Boraston with the red flag and after that the classification of the drivers in lap no 4 and not the lap before the red flag was shown. As it should be in the regalation of the IMBA. Thats all.I hope the championship will be decided on the track and not in the jury-office. Greatings from Holland.
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

So Simon Bradford is not an amateur?He's as amateur as Gerton Kops,I'm sure I've heard his name before........
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Re: True Amateurs

Post by Doogle »

[quote="Ask Cock Bass one of your old I.M.B.A sidecar champions 1973!!!

Best regards............Johnny Wolverson.[/quote]

Cock Bass?Was his passenger Helmut Belend?
stockcar
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by stockcar »

The passenger of Cock Baas was Walter Kramer.
dirk11

Post by dirk11 »

cool down guys......

all are amateurs...i know the dutch drivers very well...the drive much races in germany , belgium and so on...to get pricemoney. so sponsoring themselfs...

so let the races make the decisons....ánd not the stuff here..

end

fair, friendly,funny

dirk11
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Gerton Cops

Post by John Wolverson »

Hello, Cock Bass was the I.M.B.A sidecar champion in 1973, and I can't recall him ever being a passenger in the I.M.B.A, and I believe his passenger was Bert Rapis, but it was with Walter Kramer when he won the championship. He is a great guy and he was a true champion. Gerton Cops rode with Mark vd Venne and finished 4th in the 1989 I.M.B.A sidecar championships, before I think that he had a very bad crash, and broke both of his legs. I think after he recovered he went and raced in the F.I.M world championship's, where I believe he finished in the top ten in the world. Gerton is a brilliant rider, as I think he will show us this coming season, so welcome him, and don't knock him, he is an amateur from way back, just the same as we would welcome Stu Brown to ride for us in the I.M.B.A, when he finally retires from the world scene. Now let this discussion die, it isn't doing anyone any good.

Best regards.........Johnny Wolverson.
Rondog
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Rondog »

oh fair. but your wrong bout cock bass passenger doogy. wer shore his name was ivor gert stonkon
Wend
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Wend »

Rondog - that's enough now thank you - it does nothing to help the sport - I will see you at Dunston.

Pietje - the decision to take the results of lap 4 and not lap 6 at Boraston was taken by the IMBA official and IMBA jury not the AMCA.

To all the IMBA teams (Belgian, Dutch, German, Swiss, Czech and English) - good luck for this weekend.
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Rondogs going to get detention....
pietje

Post by pietje »

To wend. I don't blame amca , i blame the IMBA jury for this. And by the way Kops didn't broke his legs before 1989. He had some injuries when he drove GP's. Kops is building now an nice house for his family. And he told me that when he had never being a sidecar driver he could have build a a much bigger house. So he has always being amateur in sidecar cross. Greatings from holland
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There have been some interesting discussions here, but much of it is just a big pissing contest. Anyone here want to be put in the dog house, or are you all going to act like adults? Lively discussions are interesting and fun, but pissing and childish shit just stinks this place up.
stewart lines
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

competition

Post by stewart lines »

scott believe it or not this is freindly banter between england and europe dont worry about we are all friends really :lol: when you get 30 sidecars on the line from different countrys there is always gonna be big commpetition i think its good for the sport competition is healthylots of different drivers can win an imba on the day . look how many hits you have had on this subject . the sport must be healthy . long live sidecarcross!!!! ps long live rondog and mr husser and jonni wolvo :-o :-o
always support aston villa
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: competition

Post by Scott »

stewart lines wrote:scott believe it or not this is freindly banter between england and europe...
Stewart, I agree with most of what you said. I enjoyed reading this thread also. Actually, I wish we had more lively discussions like this. But there are one or two comments that don't belong here. And if I don't say something about it, everyone will start thinking it's fine to get as nasty as they like. Friendly competition and lively discussions are good.

Now that I've straightened that out, why do you guys put your sidecars on the wrong side?
stewart lines
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

ambidextrous

Post by stewart lines »

shit is my sidecar on the wrong side no wonder i cant beat simon bradford who is welsh by the way just gonna pop in the garage with ma weldin gear to put ma season back on track . watch out you taffy boyz yackey daa ps rondog and dougie are not washed up frustrated passengers dont care wot any body says :-D :-({|=
always support aston villa
graham
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

IMBA BORASTON ENGLAND RESULTS

Post by graham »

TALKING ABOUT AMATEURS--DID ANYONE NOTICE THAT FRANK DE GROODT/STEFAN COECK OF BELGIUM FINISHED THIRD AT THE IMBA AT BORASTON. THE SAME CREW, FOUR WEEKS EARLIER WERE AMONG THE NON-QUALIFIERS FOR THE FIM GP AT OSS/HOLLAND. SO, ON JULY 2 WILL THEY DO THE FIM GP AT NEEROETEREN OR THE CZECH IMBA ROUND????