L/H or R/H

About off-road sidecars, racing and riding. Go here ONLY if you don't find an appropriate category below.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

dirtgrazer

L/H or R/H

Post by dirtgrazer »

Who cares? Does it matter? Advantages? I'm gettin' real close to a trip to the motorsports side of the world to buy and ship a setup to the states. My preference is a KTM 4 stroke Enduro. My research tells me this type can be licensed in the U.S. Although I would prefer R/H Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Newbie in the U.S. ](*,)
The Pacific Northwest needs to be introduced to the world of sidecar racing
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi There,

Personally I think if you have ridden neither it makes no difference at all in terms of riding style etc. It is just a case of what you get used to....

If you are riding on the road in America it may be worth looking at a right hand outfit purely for practical reasons... It's a lot easier to see around the cars in front if the rider is on the outside...

Good Luck...

Dave
dirtgrazer

sidecar for the USA

Post by dirtgrazer »

Thanks for the quick reply Dave. That makes perfect sense. Although the rig will see very little traffic or tarmac. The State of Washington where I ride requires all motor vehicles to be licensed for hiway use. Yes, even in the remote mountains. Unless competing on a closed course. Cross, ISDE etc. I will consider your advise.
Dave in Seattle
The Pacific Northwest needs to be introduced to the world of sidecar racing
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Dave,

One other quick thought, if you are planning on doing any close racing it can be an advantage to have you sidecar on the same side as the majority of your competitors, it can prevent some interesting situations in corners for passengers...

Good Luck and keep us informed...

Dave