sidecar cross of NATIONS

News and questions about individual GP sidecar teams, how they finished (or didn't), problems, injuries, good news, new passengers, congratulations, etc.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

KEV RODENT RACING
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

sidecar cross of NATIONS

Post by KEV RODENT RACING »

sidecar cross of NATIONS is exactly what it says on the tin , so when is someone( FIM ) going to sort it out so this happens!!! how the hell can you have a passenger from a different country??? i now that some riders use different nationality passengers during the gp season but the nations is about your country so they should get the best passenger from their own country to do it with.

may the best true team win
Ann
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Re: sidecar cross of NATIONS

Post by Ann »

Exactly. I said the same thing this time last year. This is a one off event and has nothing to do with the World Championship, (which by the way is nothing of the sort as it only includes those teams from Europe and its borders but that is another topic), and so therfore as Kev so rightly says should be a team from the same country representing their country.

Ann
Making the tea for them..as usual
Chelsea
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Chelsea »

Some how i think we had the discussion a few years ago and all said and done nothing has changed and i dont see the need for anything to be different, if you dont agree with it then dont go and support the event..

If you look at the bigger picture then you should see that there are many reason's as to why you should stick with your original passenger..

How would you feel as a driver/team if the passenger you had drove with every event all season then they had to go ride with someone else for Des Nations and with doing so they got hurt which now would been you would have to find someone else to stand in for the coming championship race/races you had left... This could mean you not achiving the best result possible as a team..

Above is only one problem i see there any many more.......

Chelsea
KEV RODENT RACING
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by KEV RODENT RACING »

good point but if they dont want to risk injurys then they should forfit there place in the team and let someone else ride who dont care about that
its the same with football you get a player who plays for his club all year then they get called up to play for england and gets injured so what shit happens! we dont get to go and look for some trick french dude to play for the national side and the club will probably struggle for a while it happens
and the race is always at the end of the season so up and comming meets shouldnt matter to much
Ann
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Ann »

Well said Kev, you beat me to it. And of course the team will be supported what ever the rules, that's not the point. The point is it shouldn't be called the sidecarcross des Nations if it's not going to be a national team event.

Ann
Making the tea for them..as usual
ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by ian.uk »

The Dutch Football team is made up of Dutchmen. The Dutch Sidecarcross team should be made up of Dutchmen; if not it's not the Dutch team. Same applies to all countries. If a team with 3 French Drivers and 3 Russian Passengers won, who gets the trophy? I'll answer my own question; the French because the Sidecarcross of Nations is a 'Drivers' championship; so it is not a team race :-? so why call it that? The FIM should definitely sort this out, but I won't hold my breath.

Anyway, whatever happens it's still sidecar racing and good luck to all the 'teams' whatever their nationality.
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
Frank
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Frank »

ian.uk wrote:The Dutch Football team is made up of Dutchmen. The Dutch Sidecarcross team should be made up of Dutchmen; if not it's not the Dutch team. Same applies to all countries. If a team with 3 French Drivers and 3 Russian Passengers won, who gets the trophy? I'll answer my own question; the French because the Sidecarcross of Nations is a 'Drivers' championship; so it is not a team race :-? so why call it that? The FIM should definitely sort this out, but I won't hold my breath.

Anyway, whatever happens it's still sidecar racing and good luck to all the 'teams' whatever their nationality.
The problem that the driver gets the points is also valid in the World Championship.
Maybe we will see a revolution of the passengers soon ;-)

It is the choice of the team if they want to start together.
If the Swiss or German passengers in the Dutch team don't want to ride and win a trophy for the Netherlands they would say it.
If you don't allow teams to have a foreign passenger maybe they won't start.
As Chelsea already wrote there are a lot of reason not to do it.

And not to forget we are in Europe and the borders begin to disappear!

I wish you all a nice week-end in Genk and may the best teams win!
Refuse To Lose
Frank Hofmann
adam

Post by adam »

Is it really that important? Wen you are doing the speeds the top boys do you dont want some part timer in the chair!!Far to dangerous.And the best drivers have got to be there to make it a spectacle worth watching.
Chelsea
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Chelsea »

adam wrote:Is it really that important? Wen you are doing the speeds the top boys do you dont want some part timer in the chair!!Far to dangerous.And the best drivers have got to be there to make it a spectacle worth watching.
Well said.. Does the name or any of it really make any differents to the racing?..No.. If teams were not happy with the event then that wouldnt do it...
You should be happy with your own passenger and at the end of the day if you were to say that everyone must have a passenger from the same country then i think that would look very poor on the people that pushed for it as you are basically saying that they feel that other teams are to strong and therefore want to try and make that not so....

I think the rules for which teams get picked to take part in the event is more important!!!
I forgot most countries do.............................
fletch

Post by fletch »

This is an old thread but still a relevant cause I think.
Hi from Australia where we haven't as yet had a representative- I don't think? but my take on it is that if you are from a certain country then you represent that country and score points accordingly. Therefore if you're a Brit passenger and you ride with a German driver you share the points equally for your countries. That way if you you have a win together and share the points you have a chance of lifting your country up the ladder and get them over the line. And don't tell me that a driver should score more points from a win than a passenger as having been a passenger for a lot of years I can tell anyone that it takes two to get one of these things over the line in front and therefore the points should be shared equally.
Consider the tally from this method- driver 1(DM) scores 10pts as does passenger 1(GB). driver 2 and pass 2 are from the same country get 8 each=16 so they are in front. Driver 3(CH) with Passenger 3(DM ) get 6 each but then DM get 10+6+16 so they are noe equal leaders etc... etc...
I am actually a Kiwi but have lived and raced mostly in Australia so do I race for NZ or Aust. NZ of course- that's where I was born. 'All Black and can't go back'
Just a thought and I hope someone picks it up.
Cheers Fletch
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Sam Van Tongerloo »

the idea of the football teams who are all dutchmen or belgian doesn't make sense... because players simply change nationality, passengers would do the same if they get a chance to ride this way....
so leave the event as it is i think ...
JohnPannell
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by JohnPannell »

yeah, leave it as it it!
Did it create alot of excitment at genk? It sure did, and i think thats all that counts!!!