prices at langrish this weekend amongst other things

Fun talk

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

dianebaverstock

prices at langrish this weekend amongst other things

Post by dianebaverstock »

The racing this weekend was really good at times apart from it being a disadvantage to the british chair.
Why were we charged so much to watch a british sidecar championship it was double today the price of a normal british sidecar meeting?
Why were some people wearing wristbands and others not and before you say maybe they didnt pay well we did £105.00 to be precise and got no band no disclaimer so where did the money go in someones back pocket others we spoke to thought very much the same surely everyone should of had them we were charged gp sidecar prices after all and they make sure you all wear one. All the gate marshall seemed to want to do is get you across the track as quick as possible causing as much agro as poss by only leaving the gate half open and then closing them long before needed.
The toilets were not enough or at least not cleaned out enough for the amount of public using them some were queing right through the lunchbreak and i dread to think of the conditions of them by then.
We do not usually get charged to camp at a sidecar meeting only abroad but we do get plenty of toilets showers and water
And before you say why bother coming we have no choice if we follow the sidecar boys both here and abroad year in year out we dread it when we hear there is a meeting to be held here.
And another thing why were the numbers changed to agree with the visiting foreign boys surely the brits should of kept their numbers and the visitors had new ones.
Taffy
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: prices at langrish this weekend amongst other things

Post by Taffy »

Hello Diane

I did 310 round trip for what was a great days racing. I paid the twenty and chose to put the wrist band on but it would seem that it is only important if leaving the circuit and then all you would do is show it from your pocket?

Dogs are allowed in on a lead but in the programme it ways that they aren't allowed in under ANY circumstances.

it is a big, big money earner for sure and I'd like to know why we didn't get a GP again? if it wasn't financially viable then I can only say that the Ken Hall must redress some of that 'loss'.

the loos are awful granted but this is a working farm. I think it's a case of if we don't complain nothing will be done about it. :dontknow: :dontknow:

I would also question the classes they run? a big crowd and what do we see? pre '83 125s???? we deserve a full days racing on the Sunday for our £20. let them practice on Saturday.

I'm not sure who needs the 40-minute lunchbreak? the marshals could take a rolling break if organised correctly. I thought that that was a real throw back to the amateur days.

they are slick but they also have one foot in the past when it suits them.

regards

Taffy
I don't want a works bike I just want their address book! :?: :?:
here is a link to the SMCA web site for ya! http://smcagb.moonfruit.com/ :-D
Ann
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Ann »

As I didn't notice anyone without a wristband I cannot comment but as Taffy says they are more important if you are leaving the circuit and are intending in returning. I didn't have any problems with the loos but then I did use the ones in the pits and not the camping area. I don't quite see however what difference it makes that the track is on a working farm with regards toilet facilities. Port-a-loos are what they are but when you have to go you have to go ;-)

As far as prices are concerned the clubs decide their own admission charges so therefore other clubs hosting British rounds could charge higher prices if they wanted to.

The riders who's numbers were used by the foreign crews were asked beforehand if they minded. I do agree though that as it was a British round that can't be right.

Regarding dogs the programme actually said Under no circumstamces are dogs allowed within the precincts of the course I took that to mean no dogs on the actual track!

Some great racing from the sidecar teams but can't speak about the others as I didn't watch them, apart from the quads on Sunday and the Dash for Cash the format for which I have to say wasn't as exciting as last years.

Ann
Making the tea for them..as usual
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-D Well i had a good time and 4 of us Geordey Boys marshalled too. Have a word with your other half ann and get him to buy my CAMPER then you can shower and use a nice clean Loo every time. :thumb:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Mark Pierpoint wrote::-D Well i had a good time and 4 of us Geordey Boys marshalled too. Have a word with your other half ann and get him to buy my CAMPER then you can shower and use a nice clean Loo every time. :thumb:

Thats 4 Maxxis brollies on e bay anytime soon then..... :drunk:
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-( Dident get one Mate was also told we woulde get entry money back wasent to bothered about that but they did give us a tenner cost me 45 i thought i was thick dident do it for the money but the Love of the Sport as they wear desparet for marshalls with 5 mins to Start . Wouldent mind a brolly though will be really handy up NORTH . :thumb:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
paki 125
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by paki 125 »

As a answer too the 40 min lunch break, I doo not think its just for marshalls nd officials I believe its for the riders and I could almost speak for every rider they needed that lunch break;) as it was such a physical and demanding track! Another thing I don't think the prices is expensive attal, considering we had some of the best foreign sidecar crews. And your not just paying for the british championship sidecars, its the hole day including the international solo riders, wether you decide too watch that, that's upto you. But just think bout the prices of football matches when you decide the kenhall is expensive:) we all want sidecarcross too get bigger and more popular, but don't think this will ever happen if everyone moans about the prices and slates it?? Go too any big solo championship it will be atleast 20 pound if not more. But the fact that people love the sport and are passionate for it they will pay it! Just my opinion, doo not think the kenhall is expensive attal:-D
EPICC;)
j i primmer
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by j i primmer »

well said Ryan :beer: , i think the sidecar races were good value for money, some great racing, i left with a smile on my face :lough: :lough: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
WFP Sport Sidecar pages