Passengers!!!

Fun talk

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

Arthur
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Passengers!!!

Post by Arthur »

Passengers should be loyal to there team & should sign a contract at the start of the season. There's a lot of time, effort & MONEY!! put in to Racing.
For them to jump ship for a better offer is bang out of order. Maybe if they were to put in the hours in the garage & pay for the parts, tyres, fuel & entries they would think twice.
Start the Season, finish the season & then think about your next seasons options PLEASE!!
If your unreliable who would want you.
Is anyone of the same mind? :burn: :read:
JohnPannell
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Re: Passengers!!!

Post by JohnPannell »

Necessary for the forum??..... :?:
Arthur
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Arthur »

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
wozzer
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by wozzer »

Well said Arthur :thumb:
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Hang on!!!
Not all passengers are like that!
There are plenty of drivers with no loyalty if someone perceived to be better comes along as well!
Lets face it this one of the more unsavoury aspects of the sport, but has always been there, and always will be. :dontknow:
Lil shed
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Lil shed »

Well in all fairness this certain passenger wasn't jumping ship, but just having A go in belgium. I wasn't the one who decided not to ride the rest of the year!!! And if you must kno its as much of a struggle financially for me just to get to meetings as it is for any rider but yet I still turned up every week so before you go slagging ppl off you should do some research first cos I dnt appreciate being people trying to make me look like a disloyal passenger! If I wasn't fully comminted I wouldn't have left my girlfriend and my son in hospital an extra day so I could ride at west meon last year, but the good things ppl do aint what gets remembered is it?!! Rant over!!! :burn:
yz benny
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by yz benny »

Its always been the same happens every year but thats racing
iankaz

Post by iankaz »

Well said Doogle and lil Shed
When I was passengering we shared the costs and it was me in the garage doing all the repairs and maintenance( and I'm pretty sure I wont have beeb the only one.)
Even now in later years I passenger for beach racing on the bike I own and the total cost is out of my pocket
So as lil Shed said do some research before you slag very hard working passengers off
my rant over :burn:
Just remeber passengers have feelings too :blbl:
paki 125
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by paki 125 »

I understand and agree with a passenger being loyal and ride the hole season then decide to ride with someone else season after if thts the case. But if your not happy with the team your in or there's some bitter subjects between a camp etc etc I don't believe you could stay with that team. And also signing a contract is not right choice. As if the passengers suddenly not good enough and not peforming the drivers wouldn't think twice of sacking of a passenger and getting a better one. So in this sport its all the same and always works both ways. Besides in ian's case I heard he was just riding with someone else on a weekend where his usual driver was not riding that weekend? So I believe if a passenger wanted to ride that weekend and driver didn't I dnt believe a passenger should have revolve there life/ riding around driver. In my opinion. But I understand the situation and if all is going well passenger should stay loyal. As drivers/sponsers do put a lot of effort nd money into this sport. Think your always guna these problems occur in sidecarcross. My view/opinion :)
EPICC;)
shaun

Post by shaun »

All passengers are excess baggage, we only use them cos the rules say we have to!!!!!
peter logan

Post by peter logan »

As all you drivers know without the right passenger you might as well cut the grass or wash the car every Sunday and forget about riding sidecar motocross. An experienced fit young sidecar passenger is worth his weight in gold, and take my advice you should all remember this and hang on to what you have.
Les Batten
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Les Batten »

Shaun's comments really made me laugh...Seriously though it did make me laugh :-D

What ever happened to old Rondog? We would have had giggles over this for ages,

It wouldn't be sidecar cross without a bit of poaching and swapping going on.

Same thing goes now if any contact is made during a race or God forbid you should put a fast crew in with the slower teams......jeepers you guys wouldn't have survived when Mallows,Etheridge,Logan,Philpott,Clarke and Brown were bar banging a few years back and what you would have made of dear old Terry Good punching his passengers when they didn't perform Lord only knows.

As for signing a contract......the majority of you lot cant even fill in an entry form let alone draw up a contract :lol: :blbl:

Enjoy the summer,

Les
peter logan

Post by peter logan »

your not far wrong there Les !!
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Les Batten wrote:Shaun's comments really made me laugh...Seriously though it did make me laugh :-D

What ever happened to old Rondog? We would have had giggles over this for ages,

It wouldn't be sidecar cross without a bit of poaching and swapping going on.

Same thing goes now if any contact is made during a race or God forbid you should put a fast crew in with the slower teams......jeepers you guys wouldn't have survived when Mallows,Etheridge,Logan,Philpott,Clarke and Brown were bar banging a few years back and what you would have made of dear old Terry Good punching his passengers when they didn't perform Lord only knows.

As for signing a contract......the majority of you lot cant even fill in an entry form let alone draw up a contract :lol: :blbl:

Enjoy the summer,

Les

Somehow I think Rondog may be a bit quiet on this one Les..... :whistle:
Papa Chimp
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Papa Chimp »

Got no complaints about our's!! :-D Turn,s up every week on time! :-D Put's in financially what he can! :-D Hasnt put a foot wrong all season on the bike!! :-D And to top it all he's a top lad off the bike!! :-D Find of the season as far as i'm concerned! :-D :-D

Graham :thumb: