where is the 2005 schedule for the AMA Western Sidecar MX ??

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

where is the 2005 schedule for the AMA Western Sidecar MX ??

Post by chris m. johnson »

HHHEEEEEEYYYYYYYY AAALLLLLLL,

Where is our schedule for the 2005 AMA Western Sidecar MX / trying to make as many as possible but we cant make plans/reservations/commitments if we dont have a schedule !!!!.

We race other races/series besides just the MX series and if I were just doing the MX series, it wouldnt be an issue !!!!!.

Thanks and happy holidays !!!
CIAO - Chris
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

AM I A MORON ?????

Posted on another sidecar racing website:

My opinion
Everyone has an opinion on issues and I carry some very strong ones about Sidecar MX in this country. (USA) What got me going on this were a few postings by a moron on a sidecar bulletin board. There are some people who do not understand how difficult it is to organize any race series. They have never have done it and never will. They just want to whine about issues they know nothing about. Having attempted to organize myself in the past I understand how much of your personal time is devoted to it. In fact what happens is you have no life. If you have a regular job, all your spare time becomes filled with keeping things going. These people expect too much of you then do not contribute to a worthwhile effort.

WHAT I WRITE (Chris M. Johnson) December 6th, 2004:
I cant figure that asking at least a half dozen times about the first several races for the 2005 season without getting any solid answer yet, why I should be called a MORON.

My Passenger Paul Stimson states that I should let this lie. As quoted by Rodney King “Why cant we all just get alongâ€
bsachris

Post by bsachris »

Chris,

Before you slam me for not being a "real" sidecar mxer (2004 was my first season), hear me out.

You condensed the comments Richard made because you focused only on his "moron" paragraph (which was rude, and probably designed to excite you, which it obviously did quite effectively!) - here's what else he said. Try ignoring the "moron" comment - he makes excellent points about developing the USA's presence in the sidecar mx world:
"The AMA Western National Sidecar MX series is a real challenge and a concerted effort to take the sport across the country as a coast-to-coast National series. My understanding is that the series will expand eastward in 2005, moving closer to that goal. In my view, this is the only way any American Sidecar teams will ever be capable of racing at the International level. This also presents the sport to a wider spectrum of possible competitors and industry people. It gives it growth and allows the sport to outgrow the confinement and control by a few it has suffered.

There have been a few teams over the years that have tried to race Internationally with out much luck. The best effort by American teams in Europe was in 1996 at the Sidecar Des Nations. The 3 best and most talented teams from here at the time did their best. I was privileged to be team manager. They struggled with injuries and broken equipment and were not really competitive. I learned a great deal on that trip, mostly how far we have to go to see an American team do well.

This country produces the best solo MX racers in the world; it was not always that way. Although it was many years ago it took a National series to start producing the talent that eventually dominated the world scene. As deep in talent as this country is, it seems impossible that Sidecar MX cannot produce world-class teams. I believe it can in time with the expansion of the sport to a National level. I hope to some day see an American Sidecar team as World Champions. It’s not likely to be any of the current American teams, but new younger talent that will see the benefit in becoming AMA National Champions first. If only the protagonists and old clannish people would get out of the way. It would be even better, if they could see past themselves to the betterment of the sport and support it. I will support it as a racer as long as I can. I look forward to the future and can’t wait to see some young team do well in the World Championships."
Reading Richard's comments, and reading yours, I don't know if there's a middle ground for you to agree on, because there's a lot of history there that the rest of us, new to the sport, will never know or appreciate. But I have a definite opinion and I agree with Richard's assessment.

To grow the series and make it attractive to the youth that will be this sport's future, we need to balance it with Eastern and Midwestern venues. Additionally, as fun as sidecar mx is, its only right to spread the fun across the country. Even in its infancy, the AMA Western series continues to bring in more teams year after year. This year, we had 18 teams - that's nothing compared to an English or Dutch series, and its probably not as big as the SoCal scene back in "the day", but its a lot further along than we were before this AMA Western series came along. It brings sidecar MX outside of Southern California to a wider audience of enthusiasts. In the results you see team members from Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado, New Mexico, California... this is a direct result of the series coming out of California and starting to migrate East.

As for why there's no schedule yet, I don't know the answer. But I know its a very difficult balancing act that's trying not to hurt the Big Six GP series and also trying to expand Eastward if possible. I'm sure Al will comment when he has something to share.

Cheers,

Chris M. (AMA Western Sidecar #6)
Al Wenzel
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

2005 AMA National Sidecar MX Schedule

Post by Al Wenzel »

Hi Chris M. & Chris J...

The 2005 AMA Western National Sidecar MX Series is not quite finalized yet, but it will be soon. There is certainly some concern about the Eastward movement of the series, but it is not finalized at this point. It may become an AMA National Championship after all....

I mostly agree with Richard Myers' comments about expanding the sport across the country. I'm sure that I don't agree with his comment about people being moron's, but it is his own personal site, so he's entitled to his opinion, and that is the best place to address this particular issue....on his site, and not dragged onto http://www.sidecarcross.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1485

If the USA could present a Team that could compete at, for lack of a better term, a "European Level" in 3 to 5 years, then we will have accomplished something. That's the goal.....and we can do it, but it takes some time and effort. Good thing we've got both on our side! Naturally, time will tell....but don't count us out just yet!!!

Al,
Sidecar MX is the ultimate Team Sport...
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

SIDECAR OUTREACH

I am so sad that over the years, Sidecarcross is not as popular as one should think. I have personally outreached my hand in earnist greeting to have it spit (literal sense) on by several so called upstanding associates in the sidecarcross racing community. We are too small a group to act like this and not everyone sees this.

I live, practice, ride. race, breath sidecars in still one of the most popular motorsport racing meccas in the United States (Southern California). Lance Brown can attest to this, in the area where we live (Antelope Valley)just driving say during a fifteen minute period, we would see at least a dozen trucks or vehicles with dirt bikes aboard.

Usually, I am an expose~ of sidecar racing at the local MX tracks and desert talking with people and offering individuals a chance to try both passengering with me, or driving with my passenger Paul in an attempt to gain more interest in our sport besides just a seven or eight race race Western Sidecar MX series or nine Grand Prixs.

I think what Al Wenzel did this past year was bold and outstanding, by shipping a half dozen rigs from europe, without any buyers lined up. In supporting many riders on them at the Western Sidecar MXs to help grow the sport, it is such a shame that not all of them sold yet.

It still bothers me that none of the Western Sidecar MX series participants (with the exception of Al & Bryan / Dave & Jim at Adelanto over the past two years) are not coming to add to the numbers in the great racing we have at the GPs, it is by far the fastest and closest competition I have ever been involved with, even though it is only a half dozen teams. Adelanto does not do GP racing justice, just take Taft, LACR, Twentynine Palms and Glen Helen this past year, all were great GP courses and the sidecars looked great at speed at them.

On the other hand, it bothers me also that none of the GP racers (except during the VIWC) make the Western Sidecar MX series and add more expertise, speed and competition to these events. Some of these tracks on the schedule are very suited to sidecars like Honey Lake above Reno, Nevada and Two Rivers MX in Milliken,Colorado. We look very good on these tracks and in retrospect with the Post Vintage and Vintage Program at the AHRMA events, we look great.

Paul and myself this past year made all of the events at both series that were not in conflict and in right, I am the only one to complain about this. I challenge anyone else to do as many events as us, and still find time to practice once a week. In more numbers at both race & practice, I feel that this will promote sidecar racing in the United States far more than a single racing series (a nationwide spreadout Western Sidecar MX series with eight rigs or a California exclusive Grand Prix Series with six rigs) and until both are pursued and attended < I dont think anyone has a say so on whats best for the sport (including myself).

I wish everyone the best of Holidays with your friends and families and the healthiest, happiest and most prosperous of New Years and I surely hope to see everyone at all of the races whether itis GPs or MXs in CA, UT, AZ, NM, CO, NV, TX, IO, MN, OH, or play days any other place where Sidecars are welcome.

CIAO & God Bless
Chris M. Johnson
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

I am appauled at the particular jabs, slander and speculative and non-true accusations both Lance Brown and Richard Meyers wrote about and toward me but, I have to appalogize for the slanderous description noted on the website location on sidecarcross for Richards namesake, I did not write it like that -

Believe it or not, but this is true / now appologies can be excepted at aircmj@aol.com and I would also like appologies posted on both websites, and we can let this crap stop right now.

CIAO - Chris (Professional Environmental Engineering Consultant with more than a fourth grade education)
Last edited by chris m. johnson on Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

chris m. johnson wrote:...I did not write it like that -
Chris is correct. It was I who stooped so low as to change a Y into an A. And I also removed the same link from Al's post. It's not good for ANYBODY to link to all that dirty laundry over there, so the link is gone. Of course I had no idea where the name came from, so that offensive stuff here has now been removed. Now, back to racing, and patiently waiting for schedules.
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

ADDABOY

Scott,

Paul Stimson would like extend kudos to you for your retraction and apology for the website forum posting change you made on my posting.
Paul would have sent this on his own but, the ol' goat doesnt even know how to turn a computer on !!

As myself included when wrong, it takes a bigger person to say they are wrong than to slam another for speculation. Thank you for the removal of the misspelled website location.

Chris for Paul Stimson