FIM Presentation

About off-road sidecars, racing and riding. Go here ONLY if you don't find an appropriate category below.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

RB
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

FIM Presentation

Post by RB »

Hi

Can anybody tell me why Daniel and Sven were not at the FIM World Champion awards ceremony in Monaco. All the other motocross champions were there. Were Daniel and Sven not invited or were they unable to attend??

If they were not invited then that is disgusting and the FIM should be notified :-x

Yours
Rob Batten
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

In 2003 the FIM rules are changed.
I think there was NO motorcross champion at all in Monaco. (was it an official FIM event??) What kind of ceremony was it? I did not hear about (because it is not sidecar related).
Maybe you did know, but in 2004 it was for the first time that after the last race the official FIM ceremony was taken place. (Neeroeteren)
Now in 2005 it was in Rudersberg after the last race.
Actualy it is a simple and small ceremony and the organisation of it will be done by the organiser of the event.
Photos from this ceremony are available on my website.
RB
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by RB »

Thanks for your reply Rien. I found the article on http://www.MX247.com and the article headed off road champions.

Hopefully this should be the link http://www.mx247.com/home/news/news.html#fimawards.

Regards
Rob
John
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by John »

From the MX1 site :

The night of the Champions in Monaco
THE NIGHT OF THE OFF-ROAD CHAMPIONS

More than two hundred guests were this weekend in Monaco to celebrate the 2005 Motocross and Supermoto Champions in one of the last palace built in the famous Republic. The Monte Carlo Bay resort offered a great opportunity to celebrate the main actors of the sport, who were more than ever the stars of the night.

“Unfortunately we don’t have sunny weather in Monaco this time, but the most important is that the sun shines in this hotel with our best Off Road riders,â€
Chris Helm
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Youthstream Presentations

Post by Chris Helm »

Having read all the postings above plus the article and photograph that appeared in TMX yesterday I have to say it just reinforces the view that Sidecarcross is the poor relation in motocross.
As Rien says, 2 years ago the FIM changed its' rules regarding World Championship presentations and the lavish, expensive and glamorous awards ceremony was finished and replaced with a presentation at the last championship round in a beer tent. This was done as part of a series of cost cutting measures undertaken by the FIM.
The recent presentation in Geneva was a Youthstream event and I have to assume that it was paid for by them and not by the FIM and that Messrs Srb and Luongo were invited guests. Also it has not yet been announced on the FIM website. If it was an FIM event I think it would have been on there.
Because Sidecarcross hasn't got a 'sponsor' there is nobody to pay for a lavish presentation. So for the foreseeable future we will not be having one.

Chris