* WILFRED VAN WERVEN STOPS RACING *

News and questions about individual GP sidecar teams, how they finished (or didn't), problems, injuries, good news, new passengers, congratulations, etc.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

* WILFRED VAN WERVEN STOPS RACING *

Post by Rien.nl »

translation in English below
Brief van Wilfred van Werven.

Beste relatie / sponsor,

Het valt mij onvoorstelbaar zwaar u mede te moeten delen dat ik, op medisch advies heb besloten om te stoppen met het zijspancrossen. Deze beslissing is voor mij heel zwaar en moeilijk geweest, omdat het crossen mijn grote hobby en passie is.

Het succes van vorig jaar en de goede voorbereidingen deze winter, zowel technisch als fysiek, was inspirerend voor de start van dit nieuwe seizoen.

In Januari 2004 kreeg ik irritatie in mijn knieën door, volgens medici, te veel training.
Met medicijnen en iets minder zware belasting zou dat wel afnemen.
Echter de eerste Grand Prix in Spanje heeft onbarmhartig aangetoond dat het goed mis is met mijn knieën.

De afgelopen weken heb ik, in een soort wanhoopspoging, alle mogelijke medische kanalen opgezocht om te laten onderzoeken of er nog herstel mogelijk zou zijn.

Afgelopen donderdag 25 maart ben ik zeer uitgebreid onderzocht in het Canisius Wilhelmina ziekenhuis te Nijmegen onder leiding van mijn vaste arts en medisch begeleider de heer dr. G.J. van Norel.
De uitslag van dit onderzoek was zo overduidelijk dat hij mij wel moest adviseren om na te denken over de consequenties van het doorgaan met crossen, als ik voor de rest van mijn leven nog gewoon gebruik van mijn knieën wil maken. Een revalidatie programma en veel onbelast fietsen zijn volgens hem daarbij een voorwaarde. Dit heeft mij doen besluiten om een punt te zetten achter mijn loopbaan als zijspanmotorcrosser.

Om deze voor mij zo zeer belangrijke periode op een goede manier af te sluiten heb ik besloten om nog één keer de helm op te zetten tijdens mijn thuis Grand Prix op 2e paasdag (12 april) te Oldebroek.
Samen met mijn team wil ik u bij deze uitnodigen om dit gezamenlijk met ons te doen.

Ik vertrouw erop dat u begrip heeft voor mijn beslissing.

Vriendelijke groet,
Wilfred van Werven

Letter of Wilfred van Werven. (translated by Rien as good as possible)

Dear relation/sponsor,

It can have me inconceivable heavily you notify that I have decided stop racing sidecarcross, on medical recommendation. This decision has been for me very heavy and difficult, because taking part in a race is my biggest hobby and passion.

The success of previous year and the good preparations this winter, both technically and physical, was inspiring for the start of this new season.

In January 2004 I got irritation in my knees, according to Medici, too much training. With medicines and something less heavy load would decrease that. However the first Grand Prix in Spain have mercilessly shown that it is badly wrong with my knees.

The last week have I, in a last attempt, all possible medical channels look up to let research if there still recovery possible for me.

Last Thursday 25 March I have been very extended examined in the Canisius Wilhelmina hospital in Nijmegen under the guidance of my doctor and medical advisor Mr dr. G.J. van Norel.
The result of this research was this way obvious clear that he recommend me, thinking concerning the consequences of continuing with of taking part in a race, if I for the rest of my life still want using my knees.
This has me do decide to put a point behind my career as Sidecarcross rider.

To ending this so much important period in a good manner I have decided for still one race during my home Grand Prix on 2nd Eastern day (12 April) at Oldebroek.
With my team I want invite you at these event to do this with us.

I trust that you have notion for my decision.

Greetings,
Wilfred van Werven.
fanclub vanwerven-piccart

stoppen wilfred ven werven

Post by fanclub vanwerven-piccart »

Als fanclub van het sidecarteam van Werven-Piccart doet het ons veel verdriet om deze beslissing,(die wij al wisten) van wilfred te moeten accepteren.
deze beslissing kunnen wij natuurlijk begrijpen ,als je moet kiezen tussen je hobby of maatschappelijke carriere.hoe moelijk deze ook is.
hierbij willen wij alle fans leden van de fanclub en sponsors bedanken voor hun steun die zij het sidecarteam van werven-Piccart en hun fanclub gaven.
tevens wensen wij alle andee teamleden veel succes in hun verdere loopbaan .
Wij hopen dat jullie het team tijdens hun laatste wedstrijd massaal komen steunen en schreeuw hen naar de hoogste trede op her ereschavot

met vriendelijke groeten,

Fanclub van Werven-Piccart
Orangehat
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by Orangehat »

Painfull for the sport to hear. But it must be most painfull for yourself Wilfred.

Thanks for your skills in Sidecarcross, I (and lots of others) have enjoyed them.

I hope you win the Dutch GP,

Greetings and good luck
CHECK http://WWW.ORANGEHAT.NL
- pics of motorsports(lot's of SCX)
- videoclips(lot's SCX)
- and more...
Martijn

Post by Martijn »

Jammer!!!! :-(

Please write next time in English. Only in the Netherlands section is the Dutch language allowed. (Rien)
JanisFans
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by JanisFans »

:-( Nelss Team fans are wery afflicted about this bad news.Anyway we are with You and wish You good luck. ;-) ;-) ;-)
Fans always are with their favorits.
Mr.Caravans from Letland
http://www.jfcaravans.lv
roger
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by roger »

Jammer maar we moeten Wilfred zijn beslissing respecteren !!!! :cry:
We hopen dat hij verder zonder veel problemen nog jaren mee mag lopen en natuurlijk ook nog als toeschouwer te kunnen begroeten op de motorcross wedstrijden.
Wilfred, bedankt voor de mooie wedstrijden die je de supporters en mensen langs de kant hebt laten zien ;-)

MVG Team Vlot

Please write next time in English. Only in the Netherlands section is the Dutch language allowed. (Rien)

It's a pitty but we have to respect his decision!!! :cry:
We hope that we can see him again as a spectator at the races
Wilfred, thanks for the beautiful races that you give to the supporters and the other people near the track ;-)
Last edited by roger on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.sidecarteam-reipen.de it takes 2 to tango!!!
Keijot
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Keijot »

Hi Wilfred!

I hope you read this. I just wanted to say that you were just great and gave a lot to this sport. You were alway smiling and friendly and a good fellow to talk with. It was never boring with you. You were great on the track as well as off the track.

I wish you all the best for the life after sidecarcross. You have been always a good friend and you'll always be.

Many greetings and thanks for everything you gave to this sport.

Keijo and his family
stegink

He Elburger

Post by stegink »

Hoi Wilfred

Ik zie dat je een moeilijke beslissing hebt moeten maken om te stoppen met zijspancross.

Gezondheid gaat boven alles, maar dat het op deze manier moet eindigen blijft een bittere pil.

Ik wens je in ieder geval veel sterkte toe en zie je nog in Oldebroek.

Ik hoop dat Elli snel herstelt van zijn blessure en bij een ander team terecht kan, zodat hij zijn sport nog kan blijven uitoefenen.

Groetjes

Franklin uit Elburg

albert

wilfred stops

Post by albert »

this is a sad day for dutch sidecar morotcross :-( , wilfred and eli always made an possitive impact, whereever they appeared, both on and off the track. They and their team will be missed on gp's and onk's.
wilfred, eli and team all the best for the future.

maris, haralds and albert
Norther

Post by Norther »

I say that it's a sad day for all the people related to sidecarmotocross :(
I am out of words...... :cry:
stewart lines
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

retirement

Post by stewart lines »

i did not know you but enjoyed watching you ride a sidecar you always gave 100 % hope you will stay involved in the sport and maybe pass your knowledge down to up and coming riders kind regards stewart lines http://www.maximumsolutions.co.uk ;-)
ICEBULL

To Wilfred and Eli

Post by ICEBULL »

Dear Wilfred and Eli!
Thanks you very much for your exciting races you have done during the last years. Your names will be always in fans hearts! Wish you good luck in your last GP !
brgds
icebull
ICEBULL
Femke

Post by Femke »

Wilfred, Eli and ofcourse all the members of your team,
it makes me sad to hear that you are really leaving the magic world of sidecar cross... :cry:
I wish you all the best in the futere ahead of you and hope to see you every once in a while at a race.
The Dutch and international sidecarcross will certainly miss a great, social and friendly team.

Good luck to you all,

Femke ;-)
Vita

Be strong Vilfried!

Post by Vita »

It is so sad to know that we will not see you both racing... I can understand you - you will need your knees for much longer time than you could possibly race.
Be strong, I wish you good recovery from health problems and see you on GP races as spectator with nice comments
Vita