Where do you boys wanna race?

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

Thorina

Where do you boys wanna race?

Post by Thorina »

From the numbers...doesn't look like desert races are the hot ticket....GPs, coming in second to last...the local SoCal mx series was ok in numbers...and the national MX is ok in numbers.
Ok- meaning we consistantly had at least 5 teams. :roll:
Come on guys....this is pathetic.

What interests you boys? SuperMoto? Ice racing? Drags?

What do you want to race? Where do you want to race? Some feedback before the beginning of the year would be nice. Is there a track that is just so perfect for sidecars....yet we never race there?

Are there up and going teams that are not racing for some reason?

I'd like to hear of some sidecar related events....even if it's not MX. Griffith park, for example...when is that?
It'd be nice to have an calander type thing for all forms of sidecar anything in this country...road races, rallies...bike shows.

ANY opportunity to get sidecars out in the public eye.
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

GOOD QUESTION JANETTE !!

Post by chris m. johnson »

I race desert as a personal challenge
I race GPs because its the closest competition for sidecars in the USA
I race the local California MX scene, its convienient and fun to boot
I squez in as many MX Nationals as I can, enjoying every one of them

where are you going to race this year and how often ???
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.
mike

Re: Where do you boys wanna race?

Post by mike »

Hello fellow sidecar lovers on the other side of the world, i was watching motors tv and there was Championship Off Road Racing - CORR on tv.......my thoughts isn't there any chance of you guy's and girls to drive on those tracks there big enough, just as a support/introduction race for people to see you ... there ar a lot of people there on the tv .. or is it to far to drive to greats mike
http://spaces.msn.com/members/Mad-Monk-Animal/ for photo's that i've taken with my cellphone(gsm)
Thorina

Re: GOOD QUESTION JANETTE !!

Post by Thorina »

chris m. johnson wrote:I race desert as a personal challenge
I race GPs because its the closest competition for sidecars in the USA
I race the local California MX scene, its convienient and fun to boot
I squez in as many MX Nationals as I can, enjoying every one of them

where are you going to race this year and how often ???
Where? Um, nowhere, at the moment. :-? How often? No much. :-?

If you can find a loaner rig, I have a team here local that wants to race the whole MX series. I am not currently in the position to just hand over one of my running rigs for someone else to use for an 8 race series. Not sure that they really understand the big picture on maintenence. I am not in the position to sponsor them like last year.

Hey, why did they change the Perris track to Star West for the SoCal MX series? Perris Raceway was a GREAT track last year!
Wide, wide open and fun, fun, fun.
I was bummed to hear they switched it, just wanted to know if there was a reason why, becausde it seemed perfect.
Thorina

Re: Where do you boys wanna race?

Post by Thorina »

mike wrote:Hello fellow sidecar lovers on the other side of the world, i was watching motors tv and there was Championship Off Road Racing - CORR on tv.......my thoughts isn't there any chance of you guy's and girls to drive on those tracks there big enough, just as a support/introduction race for people to see you ... there ar a lot of people there on the tv .. or is it to far to drive to greats mike
Nothing is too far to drive unless there is an ocean in the way. :-D

This year, many of the sidecar teams are on hyadus. Divorces, job problems, team problems, etc, etc, etc. With the exception of a few events, most of us just can't lay out the money to get anywhere to race.
I think the biggest number of rigs that will be on the line this year will be at Pike's Peak.
If we set up an event, even an exhibition, with CORR....we would really need to make sure there could be a good showing. Having 2-3 teams show up is somewhat less exciting then we'd want to portriat to a National...or International audience.
It's a very good idea, though....certainly something we can entertain for next year's scheduling.
Thanks for the idea, Mike!

peace,
janette