British Championship dates for 2018

Only serious sidecar issues please

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

Chris Helm
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

British Championship dates for 2018

Post by Chris Helm »

The ACU has just announced the following dates and venues for the 2018 championship, again sponsored by MAXXIS.

The ACU Motocross Department are pleased to announce that following the confirmation of the FIM World Sidecar Cross Championship dates for 2018, the ACU are now able to confirm the venues and organisers for the 2018 Maxxis ACU British Sidecar Cross Championship.

Once again for the 2018 the ACU are pleased to announce that Maxxis Tyres will be continuing their long-standing support of the ACU British Sidecar Cross Championship as title sponsor for the forthcoming season. The coming season will see the Championship compete across a 6 round series once again during the summer months, with the continuation of the two tier championship format.

The championship will begin on the 21st April with a trip across the Irish Sea to the famous sand circuit of Desertmartin in Ireland before returning to top British venues such as Foxhill, Dean Moor, Wakes Colne and Canada Heights as the season finale on the 7th October.

The full list of Dates is as follows:

Rd 1 21st April (Saturday) Desertmartin, Northern Ireland, BT45 5QW. North Armagh MCC

Rd 2 27th May Ferguson Business Park,Nr Blyth, Northumberland. NE22 7DD. Iveston & Satley MCC.

Rd 3 1st July Foxhill Motocross track, nr Swindon, Wilts. SN4 0DR. Nora Mx

Rd 4 5th August. Dean Moor MX Park, Cumbria, CA14 4RH. Nett Quads / Iveston & Satley MCC

Rd 5 9th September Little Loveney Hall, Wakes Colne, Essex. CO6 2BH. Halstead MCC

Rd 6 7th October Canada Heights, Swanley, Kent. BR8 8DX. Sidcup & DMCC

Registrations for the Championship will be opening shortly and for further information regarding Maxxis ACU British Sidecar Cross Championship and National Expert Sidecar Cross Championship please contact Sonia Goggin at the ACU Motocross Department on 01788 566404 and check the ACU website at http://www.acu.org.uk
Last edited by Chris Helm on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Date of first round corrected
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: British Championship dates for 2018

Post by Rien.nl »

Rd 1 21st March (Saturday) Desertmartin, Northern Ireland, BT45 5QW. North Armagh MCC
21st March isn't a Saturday.... Must be 21st April
ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by ian.uk »

I believe this is a typo. ACU release says Sat 21 April.
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
Chris Helm
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Chris Helm »

Typo corrected