AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

Al Wenzel
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Round 5-AMA National Sidecar MX Series-Results

Post by Al Wenzel »

For all the Teams!

The final round of the 2007 AMA National Sidecar MX series was held at Tulare Cycle Park in Tulare, CA on Sunday, October 28th.

In all, it was a much better event than last years! This years track was far better for the rigs and had a nice flow to it. It was quite enjoyable, and Tulare dirt is hard to beat! It was a nice end to another great year of Sidecar MX! Janette Player even coaxed SRA roadracing sidecar exponent, Wade Boyd and some friends to come down from San Francisco for a loaner ride on their spare EML-Kawasaki. It looked like they had a great time playing in the dirt with us and nobody was more aggressive on the start than Boyd (although you do need to make the turn at the end of that start to benefit from the effort)!

Here are the results:
Championship Class:
1. Morgan Pierce/Janette Player (EML-Kawasaki) (1,1) 60 Points
2. Chris Johnson/Paul Stimson (EML-Honda) (2,2) 50 Points
3. Allen Wenzel/Eddie Player (EML) (4,3) 39 Points
4. Richard Myers/Rick Myers (VMC-Zabel) 39 Points
5. Wade Boyd/Hannes Ots (EML-Kawasaki) 32 Points

For series Final Results stay tuned or check out the AMA website at: http://www.amadirectlink.com/amrace/2007/smx/index.asp

For those interested in attending the AMA National Awards Banquet at the Rio in Las Vegas, NV on Friday, November 16th, you should act quickly to reserve tickets for the function. (Champion Teams you will be receiving your invitations very soon in the mail)

Thanks for a fun 2007 and I look forward to another great year of racing in 2008!

Al,

Allen L. Wenzel
AMA-National Sidecar MX Coordinator
Sidecar MX is the ultimate Team Sport...
Thorina

Post by Thorina »

I have to add that my middle son, Eddie Player is now the age to race as a passanger.
Al did a great job mentoring my boy in his first ever sidecar race at Tulare. :-D He had a tumble during practice. Maybe he'll listen to all the old, stupid adults....and tape his boot buckles. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My boy is now a man... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so proud. :cry: :cry: :cry:
(moms are supposed to cry about stuff like this)

Thanks, Al!

peace,
janette