AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

''Holiday''

Post by sprocket64 »

Good morning U.S.A.

Myself and my bettter half will be visiting your fine country for 3 weeks commencing 11th Sept 2009. We are interested in the possiblility of attending any level of sidecar cross during this period.

We will be in the vicinity of Houston, Texas travelling to Safford, Arizona (1 1/2 hours from Tucson) and back to Houston. I am a passenger of reasonable standard. (Do I need to pack my kit :lol: )

Here's hoping to hear from you.

Steve & Sue (Mr & Mrs Sprockett #64)
Kyler

Re: ''Holiday''

Post by Kyler »

Super! Try sending a PM or email to "Scott", "Fallsdown" or "Al Wenzel"

they know what is going on in the southwest

Ken
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hi Ken,If you coulc leave an e-mail adrress for the guy that you mentioned i would be most gratefull.

Cheers mate

sprockett #64

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

There are NO sidecar races in USA in September. These days, about the only place you'll see sidecar-cross or similar races is in Southern California.
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

Scott wrote:There are NO sidecar races in USA in September. These days, about the only place you'll see sidecar-cross or similar races is in Southern California.
I'm still trying to change that! :mrgreen:
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Cheers guys for your help. You've got our support for the change Scott. Off to British Sidecar cross championship this weekend. I'm not racing till 21st.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Sprocket#64
Fallsdown

Post by Fallsdown »

We don't have any races scheduled..... but if you want to go for a ride in the desert on a sidecar around Albuquerque , New mexico send me a note at fallsdown at cableone dot net It is fantastic riding.... like out of a John Wayne movie. Dave
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hello mate,Cheers for the offer of a ride whilst on holiday,just checked with my sister to see how far away from Safford and she recons about 3 hrs so am very tempted,so please keep in touch.so what outfit do you ride?i ride a YZF450 VMC.

Cheers Sprockett#64

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Fallsdown

Post by Fallsdown »

Have a 700 Zabel VMC.... but it is broke(seized). Busy with Pikes Peak sidecar (TL1000 Suzuki) so might have it fixed in time..... so we might have to take an old Wasp with Honda 500 single 4stoke...... Just for a slow ride though some great trails. Bring camera...... hundreds of miles of terrain. Have quads if a friend/wife wants to follow.
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Hello Mate,would love to take you up on your offer of a ride whilst visisting my sister,was at the Belguim Sidecar Grand Prix last weekend{11th/12 July}and got talking to 3 guys from California,told them that i was hopefully meeting up with you guys for a ride and the reply i got was that sounds like a good idea and they were thinking about a road trip to join us????the only trouble is cant remember there names.{will try and find out???}Hope all is well with you all and hope to hear from you soon.

if it has not got 3 wheels dont bother,and dont forget ''RIDE LIKE YOU STOLE IT''

Sprockett #64 :-D
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

That had to be Mike Burns and his friends. He goes over annually for his EU Sidecar Fix. In his (much) younger days, he tried twice to qualify over there.
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by chris m. johnson »

Mike Burns, John and Don Harte are over there for more than a month, visiting five or six international and World GP sidecar MXs.

I have only heard stories and wish I was was there !!
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

And what nice guys the seem... I had the pleasure of meeting them out in Belgium... Good to see some of you guys over here, I look forward to the next time I get to see Americans riding at a GP.

Cheers

Dave
sprocket64
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by sprocket64 »

Me and me better half (Mrs Sprocket#64) were introduce to the lads by Mark Pierpoint in Genk. Talked about our impending trip to states and the possibility of a ride in Albuquerque in Sept, mentioned me Sis lives in Safford, AZ and all 3 said at same time ROAD TRIP :-D :-D

Sprocket#64

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Fallsdown

Post by Fallsdown »

Iguess I better open the Zabel motor up.... maybe you can bring the parts(from England) I need to get it going? The parts can be difficult to get over here. I saw "Road Trip" mentioned..... more the merrier...... I will supply a keg if I hear enough people are coming. It would be great if some sidecars showed up..... Eric, Al, Brian,Chris, Mike,_______,_______,_______?