Sidecarcross Chat

General forum information, forum rules, and requests regarding these forums. Also, questions and issues regarding the SidecarCross.com web site.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Team Gair and Walker

Sidecarcross Chat

Post by Team Gair and Walker »

ever thought about putting a chat room on the forum 8-)
Be Good idea for worldwide sidecarcrossers to have a good old chat 8-)
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sidecarcross Chat

Post by Scott »

Team Gair and Walker wrote:ever thought about putting a chat room on the forum 8-)
Yes, we have considered it. But, at the moment it is already taking too much of my time keeping the new Forum running correctly. Rien and myself have only a limited amount of time to devote to the whole web site, and it's a lot of work. If we add a chat area, then we bring on a whole bunch of new problems.

Just last month the website exceeded the server 10 Gigabyte download limit (we have a very popular web site). I had to upgrade to a new server plan to allow for all the activity on the web site. That cost me an extra 40 euros each month to keep the web site going. This occured partly because the new Forum became more popular than ever, and a lot of people were viewing the posts there. If we add a chat area, then there will be even more activity on the site, and I might have to pay even more.

Someday we will add the chat area, but for now please enjoy the new expanded Forum.

Best regards,

Scott
Last edited by Scott on Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PLUGGER

Re: Sidecarcross Chat

Post by PLUGGER »

Scott wrote:
Yes, we have considered it. But, at the moment it is already taking too much of my time keeping the new Forum running correctly. Rien and myself have only a limited amount of time to devote to the whole web site, and it's a lot of work. If we add a chat area, then we bring on a whole bunch of new problems.
well if you install a chat from withing the forums to an IRC server then it depends who's irc server it it as to whether you will have more work to do
Scott wrote:
Just last month the website exceeded the server 10 Gigabyte download limit (we have a very popular web site). I had to upgrade to a new server plan to allow for all the activity on the web site. That cost me an extra 40 euros each month to keep the web site going. This occured partly because the new Forum became more popular than ever, and a lot of people were viewing the posts there. If we add a chat area, then there will be even more activity on the site, and I might have to pay even more.
Well once you have the chatrooms installed on an IRC server user can use mirc to get in it without going through the site, so less bandwidth
Scott wrote:
Someday we will add the chat area, but for now please enjoy the new expanded Forum.

Best regards,

Scott
I am what is know as a PHP coder and phpBB hack coder, i also run a IRC chatroom, so i would be glad to help out and contribute to this forum, i can offer you a room on my server no problem - you just nned to do a small phpbb hack to incorporate this feature

if you want more info you can visit my site @ http://www.plugger.info or just give me a shout in here