Plastic for a '85 Wasp/CR500

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Kyler

Plastic for a '85 Wasp/CR500

Post by Kyler »

Anyone know of a source for replacement plastic to fit a '85 Wasp/CR500?
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Plastic for a '85 Wasp/CR500

Post by Scott »

Rear fender may be tough to find. Lots of standard front fenders should work fine. For the flat sheets on the front panel, side pieces, and side wheel, this should work (lots of colors):
http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/137/ROLL-PLASTIC

Looking good so far!
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

That is a great source! Thanks!

This winter I want to tear it down, repaint the frame, and clean up the plastic - the rear fender is my hardest part to find :-?

Having the Wasp plated is helping generate interest. We spend an hour chatting each time I unload it :mrgreen:
ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by ian.uk »

That rear mudguard (fender) looks like a UFO plastics one. UFO of Italy do plastics for vintage machines in various colours. This link takes you to a UK site so you can have a look at the item: http://www.mdracingproducts.co.uk/produ ... nder-8024/

Hope this helps

Ian
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
nige&jane

Post by nige&jane »

you can still get the rear fenders from wasp but the last time i bought one it was 45 quid!!,i use the ufo or acerbis universall ones now and they fit well, usually just have to trim the front down a few inches, the chair fender is the same as the twinshocks, these are also available for 50 quidish
biglegs

Post by biglegs »

did you try maier plastic in america i found that they were the chepest thats if its a honda or a special part
Kyler

Post by Kyler »

thanks for the suggestions everybody! I knew you'd have the knowledge I needed. :mrgreen: