Starting A ZABEL 700

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

joker_fly

Starting A ZABEL 700

Post by joker_fly »

Could some one post how you start your zabel 700

Mine is nott starting as it should and i need all the tips i can get
Think of this as a Starting Zabel For DUMMIES

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.ph ... 574.0.html

Thanks Kim sweden
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Starting A ZABEL 700

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Kim,

Best method I found from cold is to hold down the "tickler" button on the carb until fuel starts to runsout of the overflow. Then hold in the decompressor and turn the engine over with the kick start 7 - 10 slow gentle kicks. Then take the kickstart all the way back to the top of the action and give a good kick, dropping the decompressor after it fires. You generally get the best kick if the piston is just after top dead centre when you kick (you feel two "lumps" close together as you are moving the kickstart as part of the engine cycle, getting it to just after the first one before you take the kickstart all the way back to the top for the big kick).

Good luck.

Dave
gunthercnudde

Re: Starting A ZABEL 700

Post by gunthercnudde »

Hello Kim,

I used to have a lot of trubble to start my zabel too. But don't worry, one day you will find a way.
My experience is that they need a lot of fuel, so pull up the choke (when he's cold), float the carb and pull the decompressor lever half way.
Then i kick it ALL THE WAY down slowly and hold it there for an second. At that point i feel (hear) somthing thumbling/rolling inside.
Let it come up and kick it. It's important to kick all the way down, even when the footrest gets a bit in the way of your tip toos.

Hope it works out for you