Gloves??

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

stuarty141082

Gloves??

Post by stuarty141082 »

I need new gloves. most important thing is a good strap and must be above the wrist.. anyone help??
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Gloves??

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Mate,

If you are a passenger then nothing too expensive! Whatever you use will be shot pretty quick.

I really like the new UFO gloves, but having only just got them I can't tell you how long the last. Good fit and grip though.

Hope that helps

Dave
fletch

Re: Gloves??

Post by fletch »

Hi Stuarty, I'm with the other bloke-no matter what you buy they won't last long, only 2 or 3 meetings. However they have improved no end in the last 20 yrs. Used to be that the fingers were always too long and you would clamp one finger tip with the other hand when transitioning from side to side. only way to fix that was to cut the tips off!
It's also helpful not to have tape on the bar as this wears gloves out very quickly.
so-You need to find a glove that is cheap and comfortable that suits your hand- so get down to your fav shop and check a few types out - then strike a deal with them 'cause you we become their best customer!!
By the by I found a pair of scuba divers gloves at a sport shop that fit very well, have a very wide band at the wrist and being for under water are warm and grippy in the wet- just can;t use 'em on a hot day as the old hands roast!!
Cheers from sunny Queensland/Fletch