Moonlight Racing

Anything that is not about off-road sidecars. Chit-chat, love connections, street bikes, weapons of mass destruction.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moonlight Racing

Post by Scott »

johanjeppsson

Good PR ? Don't think so!

Post by johanjeppsson »

This happened twice, at the same track, two years in a row, the same guy.

That he was actually allowed to continue driving is embarrassing. That his butt twice appeared in a Swedish evening paper as the only report from Swedish sidecar-racing is even worse!

/JJ
Salo

That happened only once

Post by Salo »

That happened only once not twice like Johanna told. It was 02.05.2002 in Pionjär, Sweden.
johanjeppsson

and in 2003

Post by johanjeppsson »

and it happened in Pionjär last year as well...

So it was two different teams. :oops:

Sad anyway...

Johan - Johanna is my sister!
Anette Madsen

Moonlight....

Post by Anette Madsen »

Relax Johan.....
Who appointed you "Guardian of morals?"
Where´s your sense og humour? Maybe you should change your tactics, if you want more attention in the papers?? ;-)
Best wishes Anette, Danmark
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Good PR ? Don't think so!

Post by Sam Van Tongerloo »

johanjeppsson wrote: That he was actually allowed to continue driving is embarrassing.
/JJ
maybe they were in the lead or something?
Jesper
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Jesper »

NO I think they finished almost last, but contrary to the others teams, were Michael and Mats in the newspaper 8-)
Thats also good PR for sidecarcross. :shock:

P.S.

I know that it is very difficult to drive with a bare butt. I have been there.
So respect Mats 8-) :shock:
Greeting Jesper Rasmussen
johanjeppsson

Short reply

Post by johanjeppsson »

Me the "Guardian of Morality" ?

You don't know me.

No. What it's about is the sorry state that sidecarcross has gone into in Sweden. Few teams. Not that much practising by more than a few top teams. I've just tried a few laps altogether, with Conny. Barely steering speed really. It's exhausting. If I where to do this for real, I would train year-round so that when the racing is done, I can go to work the following week.

Almost no races. There are five (5) in Sweden this year. Even if you buy a used bike, wear last decades clothing and only have a towed trailer after your car, it's a LOT of money spent for just these five races.
It seems though as if everybody is pleased with this. At the annual meeting nobody raised an opinion on the number of races. Nobody thinks our (you the drivers and passengers) image matters (as some of your responses show), nobody can afford clean clothes for each race (that's two shirts each).

So. My point is:

Sure, if I weren't concerned with this sport I would have found the picture very funny. As it is, the attention it gets, THE ONLY attention this sport gets sometimes, it's just sad.

/Johan
Last edited by johanjeppsson on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Sam Van Tongerloo »

thats true, and only five races a year isn't enough they forget that amateur teams, not often can go abroad ....? if i here this i'm glad i live in the motocrosscrazy belguim
greets -sam-
Salo

placement

Post by Salo »

Jesper wrote:NO I think they finished almost last, but contrary to the others teams, were Michael and Mats in the newspaper 8-)
Thats also good PR for sidecarcross. :shock:

P.S.

I know that it is very difficult to drive with a bare butt. I have been there.
So respect Mats 8-) :shock:
Greeting Jesper Rasmussen
Placement was 6 when trousers was going down on half time of race. And then 15 minutes races more with out trousers and place of location in the end of race was 8.
Salo

placement

Post by Salo »

Placement was 6 when trousers was going down on half time of race. And then 15 minutes races more with out trousers and place of location in the end of race was 8.
michael

butt racing

Post by michael »

Text deleted by Rien (30-03-04) for reason that it wasn't written in English.
See Forum Rules