Trike MX

Anything that is not about off-road sidecars. Chit-chat, love connections, street bikes, weapons of mass destruction.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Zixel

Trike MX

Post by Zixel »

Yay! I didnt know that trike MX is still exist!
Is the vehicle the same as quad i wonder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvphWg0 ... ed&search=

Do firms still amnufacture Dirt Trikes?
3wheelers

Post by 3wheelers »

the first quads were Hondas ATC's, these were adapted to 4 wheels when there was a safety issue concerning rolling over and serious accidents. after the initial recall and adaptation the frame was modified to become quad as we know now.
there are a few unmodified out there but care needs to be taken to stop rollover on corners
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

That picture must be twenty years old!
ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by ian.uk »

I seem to remember that they were banned after an American successfully sued the manufacturers after he ran over his own leg :oops: :lol: :lol:

This is, of course, probably an unfair slur on our Atlantic cousins.
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
adam

trike

Post by adam »

They wer cool!! proper 3 wheeled madness.Bring em back.
mike

you tube

Post by mike »

if you want to see some action on those dangerous things look on youtube look under tecate mx there you will find some movies, greetings mike
http://spaces.msn.com/members/Mad-Monk-Animal/ for photo's that i've taken with my cellphone(gsm)
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

i gave a link on da link to the video of their racing. I wonder, is there official trike MX still exist. Or any irm still manufacture them. Seems like they are not popular theese days, why? I heard that trikes wit independent back wheels (like on buggy) are pritty stable.
yo-yo

Re: Trike MX

Post by yo-yo »

in the UK they can only be bought and sold privately. Dealers are not allowed to trade them.

I had my 1st big off on one as a kid on a Honda 70cc jobbie - squatted me good and proper! Bloody things!

I always knew that 3 wheels were lethal! :lol:
kiwii

Re: Trike MX

Post by kiwii »

making a big resurgence in new zealand...they have 30+ on the line if you fancy a holiday! :kick: