mountain bike

About off-road sidecars, racing and riding. Go here ONLY if you don't find an appropriate category below.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Zixel wrote:Isnt it a problem to continue our talk here?
It's ok with me. It's interesting reading, and introducing kids to bicycle sidecars can only be good for our m"moto" sport a few years later.

John, the same goes for your discussions with others building sidecars. If we could read some of those discussions here in the forum, then other people could learn a few things from your advice. And now that you're getting the hang of the photo posting, maybe you can show some good sidecar construction photos like the bicycle above.
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

OK, here is hardtail bike

And this one is supressed

But i dont like a decision of rear fixing point on supressed bike. Looks pritty dangerous if for exemple the pilot will do "superman". Also a passenger can hurt his self....
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

OK, so what to do next, after buying a good hardtail frame?
John Wolverson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Mountain bike sidecars

Post by John Wolverson »

Scott, I will try to find some of my old sidecar construction photographs out. but I would much sooner look at your E.M.L Dakar Rally outfit, now that is the business!!!

Hello Zixel, That hard tail aluminium framed one is just brilliant, and anyone would find it very hard to improve on it. Did you make it yourself?

Regards............John Wolverson.
Last edited by John Wolverson on Mon May 29, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

This is not mine. Its a bikes of Rohloff Racing Team. I donno anything about building idecars. So thats why im asking an info. Im afraid to screw up.
Aso i dint ever ride one. So my friend (My pilot mountainbiker that will invest his money in building the sidebike too) is afraid what if riding MTB sidecar not so cool and interestin comparig to solo...
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Sam Van Tongerloo »

i only ride solo mtb sometimes, most of the time i ride bmx, but my buddies are almost pro freeride mtb-ers all with hardtails....
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Sam Van Tongerloo wrote:i only ride solo mtb sometimes, most of the time i ride bmx, but my buddies are almost pro freeride mtb-ers all with hardtails....
How do u think, is it possoble to do a bunny hop in MTBsidecar using the forces of both riders?
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

it's possible, i've seen "impossible things" on solo mtb's why not on sidecars.

if the rider and the passenger both pull with their arms and lift with their legs (standard bunny hop technique) it's possible i think. it's almost twice the weight, but twice the force too...
Nick

Post by Nick »

Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Yes, i know their site. Do u think that hardtail with supressed sidecar gonna be stable?
And should i think about balance, that sidecar shoulnt be too heavy\light or not?
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

try to have the same weight on both parts i think. and the supression is nothing, otherwise it would be a problem to have a supresses front with a hardtail.
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Sam Van Tongerloo wrote:try to have the same weight on both parts i think. and the supression is nothing, otherwise it would be a problem to have a supresses front with a hardtail.
Do they think abouut weight balance when buils a sidecarcross bikes?

and the supression is nothing, otherwise it would be a problem to have a supresses front with a hardtail

what do u mean?
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

the front is supresses, back tire not. would make a difference if it would matter that much.
and notice : a sidecar reacts much slower is much heavier, the slightes movement of weight at a bike can have great results. ever saw a 720° with a mx bike/sidecar....? wiht a mtb it's possible
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Sam Van Tongerloo wrote:the front is supresses, back tire not. would make a difference if it would matter that much.
and notice : a sidecar reacts much slower is much heavier, the slightes movement of weight at a bike can have great results. ever saw a 720° with a mx bike/sidecar....? wiht a mtb it's possible
hmmm...do u think that any spins are possoble on MTB sidecar? I dont think so.
Sam Van Tongerloo
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

i would try a 360 with it... think that"s possible...