Racing TEAM - SLOVENIJA 1993

News and questions about individual GP sidecar teams, how they finished (or didn't), problems, injuries, good news, new passengers, congratulations, etc.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

jurijkozar

Racing TEAM - SLOVENIJA 1993

Post by jurijkozar »

JURIJ KOZAR - BRANKO GJERGJEK :beer:
SIDE-CAR-CROSS Racing TEAM of SLOVENIJA :drunk:

HELLO FROM THE BEST SIDE-CAR-CROSS RACING TEAM OF SLOVENIJA
mike

Re: Racing TEAM - SLOVENIJA 1993

Post by mike »

I see andreas fuhrer and the weinman brothers and the janssen twins and marco bens in that starting picture but no new team
http://spaces.msn.com/members/Mad-Monk-Animal/ for photo's that i've taken with my cellphone(gsm)
siepdewit

Post by siepdewit »

In the "old" days one of the FIM regulations in qualification was, that IF there are participants from the organising country 2 riders from Qualifying group A and 2 riders from Qualifying group B could start on Sunday, despite the position they got in the qualifying. Also these (Actually not qualified according the time that they put on the clock) teams received qualification money of Swiss francs 750,-- and in that time was a lot of money in that country. This happened during the Sidecar Grand Prix in Orehova Vas in Slovenia where was 1 Team from Slovenia on the entry list. The team was so slow, that the jury after the qualification of group A and group B decided, that for safetyreasons the team was STRONGLY ADVISED not to start on sunday but as a compensation run the Openingpresentationlap with the Slovenian flag in front of all the qualified riders. The National television payed a lot of attention to the team and they had accordingly the regulations of the FIM their "earned" Swiss francs.

Also we once had a similair situation in Agueda/Portugal where a local rider had welded a passengerpart onto his aircooled Yamaha 490 and used a sidecarwheel of a moped. This outfit "passed" technical control and by the time of qualification started they were so slow, that in the 45 min. official qualifying time they managed to complete 3 laps. This team also received their "earned" qualifying money, but was STRONGLY advised NOT to start on the raceday. They gladly followed the advice and made Swiss francs in 45 min. for what they had to work normally 4 month at that time in Portugal.

The season later that rule was taken out of the rulebook, because teams who were on position 14 and 15 (WITHOUT EVEN GOT THE Swiss francs 750) in either group A or B had to give away this place to National riders if there were 2 or more per group.

Siep de Wit
Mark Pierpoint
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Mark Pierpoint »

:-D Wat agreat story. :thumb:
.HOWAY THE LADS. THE MORE THE MERRIER
jurijkozar

Post by jurijkozar »

The season later that rule was taken out of the rulebook, because teams who were on position 14 and 15 (WITHOUT EVEN GOT THE Swiss francs 750) in either group A or B had to give away this place to National riders if there were 2 or more per group.

Siep de Wit[/quote]

Hello
I just want to say that I have never raced for money, but because of the joy of racing and in life doing various things extreme, although I am therefore still no money.
In Orehova vas were three races on race day.
I'm racing with my 10-year-old completely destroyed uncompetitive engine.
The results of my races were: 1.race 21pl., :thumb: 2.race 18pl. :thumb: and 3.race 19pl. :thumb:
This is for me a very good result and a great success :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
For me, money is irrelevant in this world, so I have never and will never raced for money.
Not for 750 CHF, and not for 7500 CHF. :-D :-D :-D

Hello from Slovenia:JURIJ Kozar :arms:
jurijkozar

Post by jurijkozar »

And one video from my best start by GP Slovenia 1993 :thumb: :arrow: https://youtu.be/BCNLI71hjsU
tommo

Post by tommo »

very interesting story,

, other teams from countries not known for sidecarcross racing in the 80s and 90s,

Calado Silva Portugal
Beck Meckler Liechtenstein
Szemes Szemes Hungary
Kristoffersen Eriksson Norway
Pliergo Uriaste Spain
Verdejo Yela Spain
Martinez brothers Spain

along with the odd American and Australian team,
jurijkozar

Post by jurijkozar »

EML MAICO 1985, TEAM SLOVENIJA 1992 - 2022