UPDATE ON WILLEMSEN and BAX

News and questions about individual GP sidecar teams, how they finished (or didn't), problems, injuries, good news, new passengers, congratulations, etc.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

ian.uk
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

UPDATE ON WILLEMSEN and BAX

Post by ian.uk »

Sidecar Crossers Daniël Willemsen and Etienne Bax are crashed Sunday during the GP of Czech Republic both.

Both ten times world Willemsen as with Bax hit a dislocated shoulder.

Their bakkenisten were heavily injured on the circuit of Kramolin. Etienne's brother Robbie Bax (Willemsens passenger) broke two vertebrae. The Let Kaspars Stupelis (sidecar of Bax) broke three ribs and also held a perforated lung to the crash.

It is questionable whether the combinations next weekend in Varsseveld can start in the Dutch GP. Willemsen was after a crash in Switzerland earlier this year for weeks out of circulation.

Taken from Dutch News site - Google translate.
I was wrong all last season, and, according to my e'mails I'm wrong this season. Still, while it is my fault no one else is getting the blame.
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE ON WILLEMSEN and BAX

Post by Rien.nl »

The latest news.....:
All injuries arent so serious and both passenger can race in Varsseveld.
This was written on the Dutch federation website http://www.knmv.nl/motorsport/Nieuws-mo ... arsseveld/
and also in a press letter from the organiser viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15352
I don't know what to believe, but on Saturdaymorning we all will know who is driving or not...
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

And another message on the KNMV website with the comment from Daniel Willemsen..
http://www.knmv.nl/motorsport/Nieuws-mo ... hten-exit/
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rien.nl »

Complete sequence from the start of race 1 in Kramolin, CZ with the crash of Willemsen/Bax

Credit for these copyright photos: Ernst Betschart, CH - Susy Kommol, D - Rien Willems, NL