Sergis ends his career!!! added interview translation

News and questions about individual GP sidecar teams, how they finished (or didn't), problems, injuries, good news, new passengers, congratulations, etc.

Moderators: Chris Helm, Rien.nl

DOzo

Sergis ends his career!!! added interview translation

Post by DOzo »

The GREAT KRISTERS SERGIS announced today, that after this season he will end his career in sidecarcross world championship! The sport will loose one of his best men ever! Thanx for the great and unbelievable seasons and all the victorys and races. Latvia loves you! Its quite sad, but good luck in the future and hope to see you in some races in Latvian championship!

288 races, 94 wins, 177 podium finishes and 4253 championship points!

PALDIES KRISTER!

here short translation from the interview, sorry for my awful english grammar :)

This time Willemsen is a bit stronger, besides we have already 3 zeros and its unreal to cach up 65 points in 10 races. Of course he can make mistakes and have some technical mistakes, but i do not trust on that. There would be no glad abouth such victory. KTM bike goes quite well, we're on a good shape and we will get the new frame and we hope, that that would help us stay faster. I would like to beat Willemsen in some race and save the second plase at WC.[...] Yes, i tend, that this could be perhaps the last season in my career. I'm a five times world champion, tree times i was second and one time third. I reached everything in motocross and i feel, that i can not drive in a new quality - much faster. Perhaps i could, but then i had to give me totally just for the sidecarcross, but thats not so. In january i will be age 35, in motocross i spent 20 years, now i'm the second KTM dealer in Latvia. I have so much to do, so i'm so tired. Not fisicaly but mentaly. And if you do not have the pleasure for training and driving....then its time to quit. Eventually i have my family, to which the sport has stolen too much time.Of course this is not a strict decision, that i will not drive, but this is not a moment decision as well. I thought a long time abouth this and now i feel, that the time has come, to make such decision. I'm saying this so early, so that my trustful teammate Kaspars got the time to think abouth the new situation and other drivers could know abouth this, so that he could plan the next season. He is one of the best codrivers in the world and i know, that he will get a lot of offers. I wil stay in motorsports for sure, but now i have no strict plan, abouth what i will do in the future. In this weekend we will drive in russian championships and after that i will do my best in the rest of WC races and i will try to win for my home crowd in ķegums. And i will help Latvian team in the nations cup.

Last edited by DOzo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jampie

Re: Sergis ends his career!!!

Post by jampie »

Thanks Kristers for all the lovly years !!
Will always stay a fan of yours !
Ill hope for a come back.
Jan Willem Nijland (holland)
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

THANK YOU FOR ALL
NEVER WILL FORGET YOU
YOUR FRENCH FAN'S
Niort

Post by Niort »

Hi,

Thank Kristers for all the good moments ... For all the victories ...
I me join with Catherine because me too I'm a fan french ... :-)

Bye
josef und anja

Re: Sergis ends his career!!! added interview translation

Post by josef und anja »

Hi Kristers,
a great character, one of the best riders will leave the circuit. We will enjoy your last races as we did the years ago.
We will miss you – think it over!
Team Brustmann + Mona
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Sergis ends his career!!! added interview translation

Post by Dave Tye »

A truely great driver and wonderful competitor. I remember seeing his first world title win in OSS, a fantastic weekend and a great performace.

One of the great drivers and a pleasure to watch ride.

I wish Kristers every success with his business and every happiness with his family. I hope like many others he will stay in contact in the sport and who knows, in a year or two be tempted out to play again?

I look forward to seeing how the rest of this seasons progress and look forward to some more great racing.

Regards

Dave