Is alcohol compatible with sidecarcross?

Fun talk

Moderators: Chris Helm, Dave Tye

Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

After Rondog had a post deleted for talking about drinking the night before a meeting,does the esteemed members of this forum think that the possible new sponsor of the British championships should be a brewery?
Or wil this bring the sport into direpute,like Rondogs post was supposed too?
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Thanks for the replies.Surely somebody from the tumbleweed forum must have an opinion?Or does the irony of it all stun you all into silence?
Delete a post about alcohol,but chase a brewery for sponsorship.
hodge57
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by hodge57 »

surely doogle this should be on the other forum cos you've obviously made this up! havent you?
jon rutherford
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Post by jon rutherford »

i hope there will be free beer that will help every one get a long beeter for sure!!!!! ;-)
rudds 33
Doogle
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Doogle »

Some miserable twat has moved my post!This is a serious question,but nobody seems to want to give a serious answer.
I thought the other room was the tumbleweed forum,but perhaps it's the stick my head up my arse and ignore and move over anything I don't like forum.
Do you know what?I can't be arsed to post or reply anything at all in tumbleweed town from now on.
Rondog
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Rondog »

which miserable twat was it then ? who u reckon dug ?
Tony Young

Post by Tony Young »

Yes, definately. :twisted:
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Doogle,

Think Alcohol and racing probably a bad idea... (well, at least on race day!!) but nothing wrong with the social side of racing and Alcohol... And if they want to give us a chunk of money to support a championship who are we to argue??

NASCAR drivers are hardly the worlds biggest drinkers on race weekends but the social side of the sport has no problems with beer... OK sidecarcross is a much smaller sport, but the principle is the same... The drinks company just won't make as much profit from the advertising they recieve unless it's white lightening... then I think RonDog may be made an honoury Company Director. ;-)

Just my thoughts... (sorry for the serious answer!!)

Dave
Rocking Rog

alcohol

Post by Rocking Rog »

have just sat down and tried to work out how many bottles of becks my missus drank this season and then the cost of it all frightened me too much to continue :shock: so i finks that her and her booze would be a very close second to ron dog and white lightening :oops: wish I could get sponsership from becks for her, she costs me more than my bike and that aint right :-?
Rondog
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Rondog »

fair point rog....but you no where your going wrong ? ? ?....you need to get her off the becks and on to the lightning.....299 for 3 litres n i bet even lids cudnt 3 litres in one go....think of the saving chap
Tony Young

Post by Tony Young »

I thought that offer had finished :shock:
Tony Young

Post by Tony Young »

Back when I were a boy there were always some rough old slappers giving away camel s**t fags to young boys who could'nt stop staring at their norks. God I smoked loads back then :roll:

What would be the problem with booze?
Rondog
Active Visitor 500
Active Visitor 500

Post by Rondog »

oh tony. we have a sticklebak racin committee meeting every friday nite, and you v certainly made us chuckle...are you any relation to that sidecar rider from chelmsford way called pokem young ? ? he s got blonde hair n specs ?
Tony Young

Post by Tony Young »

Naaa, I've got no more dark hair anymore other than the palms on me hands if it's not all worn off by now.

I retired some 16 + years ago at the trough of my career. :-(

The older I get, the better I was. (driver and passenger)

Cheers Rondog,
Tony Young

Post by Tony Young »

Rondog wrote:are you any relation to that sidecar rider from chelmsford way called pokem young
But I do like to oblige if I can. :roll:

Anyway cider calls. "THATS ALCOHOL based on apples" (for non UK residents)

:-D