Is there any games?

About off-road sidecars, racing and riding. Go here ONLY if you don't find an appropriate category below.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

Zixel

Is there any games?

Post by Zixel »

Is there any games with sidecar bike?
I just seen that someone making DIY game Third Wheel

http://www.vr21.com/thirdwheel/

But is there any real games?
I seen a game MX vs. ATV

There are MXBikes and QuadBikes there, maybe there is a mod or something that can add sidecars?
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Someone did make a sidecar extension for the Microsoft Game, Motocross Madness 2... This was for the PC only and required you to install some extra componoents from the internet. The one thing they never got around to adding however was passengers... (Must have been designed by a driver!!)

As far as I know this is the only game I have ever seen even attempt sidecars.

Regards

Dave
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Again,

I have just found the additional files for Motocross Madness 2 to allow sidecars and several other types of bike backed up on an old system. If you would like copies of these files please send me a PM or reply below.

Regards

Dave
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Guys,

As several people have asked for the files I figured the best way to get the bike switcher out there was to place it somewhere you can all download it:

http://www.davetye.co.uk/downloads/BikeSwitcher14.zip

Unzip the files and install it after you have installed Motocross Madness 2 on your system. You can then run the installed EXE file and change the bikes to Sidecars, ATV's, Supermotos, Scooters, 85 cc, Mini Bikes etc....

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Again,

Just found another little extra for the game, a copy of the Caselnau GP track.

Download this zip file:

http://www.davetye.co.uk/downloads/castelnau.zip
Please note this is a 7MB download

and install the files inside to the folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Motocross Madness 2\TERAFORM\NATIONAL

When you start the game the track will appear on the nationals track list.

Have fun

Dave
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Again,

I have had a report that the bike switcher is not allowing sidecars on someones PC, but I haven't been able to reproduce this problem... Has anyone else who has tried the file from my site had this issue?

Cheers

Dave
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

So the sidecar has still no passenger?
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi Zixel,

Regarding development of passengers, I am afriad this wasn't possible without major changes to the main structure of the game... All the devlopment of this was being done by people who played the game. After the release of MX Unleashed made by the same people, Rainbow Studios, but on the X-Box and PS2 the number of people playing MCM2 gradually dropped and so did the people developing the add-ons for the game. Because of this they stopped developing the sidecar adaptation, this file I have placed up here to download is as far as things ever got.

Because of the inability to change the code of games on X-Box or PS2 in quite the same way as you can on PC no one is currently developing sidecars for any of them. Sorry. :-(

Dave
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Im just so annoyed, there are tons of games about solobikes, about quadbikes, and even the games like "solo vs. quad". But no one about sidecars. I mean that would be fun to make a MX game "solos vs. sidecars vs. quads" =))
By the way, if solo is the quickest, but who is faster in a real life, quad or sidecar? Im talkin about the ones that in MX. Probably the waight of the passenger is shrinking the acceleration.
Frank
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Frank »

Zixel wrote:Im just so annoyed, there are tons of games about solobikes, about quadbikes, and even the games like "solo vs. quad". But no one about sidecars. I mean that would be fun to make a MX game "solos vs. sidecars vs. quads" =))
By the way, if solo is the quickest, but who is faster in a real life, quad or sidecar? Im talkin about the ones that in MX. Probably the waight of the passenger is shrinking the acceleration.
In real life quads are faster than sidecars.
Next weekend you can see it live in Straßbessenbach/Germany ;-)
Refuse To Lose
Frank Hofmann
Zixel

Post by Zixel »

Wierd, i was always thinking, why on sidecars (cross, dakar, any sport) they dont use a more powerfull engines, to compencate the additional waight of passenger and outfit, to ecnreese the acceleration speed that the bike loose cos of additional waight?