Boots Advice?!

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

anejit

Boots Advice?!

Post by anejit »

Bit confused as to what type of boots to get for this season, previously I have been wearing Wulf boots but fancy a change. Chris has been wearing fox and alpinestars

We have looked at new Alpinestars but have agreed you are paying for the name now rather than the actual quality of the boots, so we did decide on Sidi crossfires after trying another fellas on, then i made the mistake of trying on Gaernes G-React boots and liked them so now my passenger and I dont know what to choose, such a hard decision isnt it haha

So which boots would you recommend? both from a rider and Passenger view?

Emma & Chris #9 :D
Dave Tye
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Boots Advice?!

Post by Dave Tye »

Hi There,

I currently have a pair of Gaernes (although not that model) and they are really good with excellent ankle support. However from a passenger side of things they do need to be taped up or the fasteners catch on the chair as you move around. (At least, they do if you are a long legged, clumsy oaf such as myself!). Previously had Alpinestars Tech3 and Tech 6, both of which were also very good (but pricy, I got mine in sales mainly). The Sidi's I used in the past were ok, but I found lost their support (from a passenger point of view) faster than the others and after a very muddy meeting and not being cleaned for 2 weeks I could never get to stay fastened again (please bear in mind this was 2003 though and things may have improved!). Also had Acerbis for a while before passing them on to Dad, they were comfy with good support but again the fasteners were prone to getting caught during races, especially the lower ones that were hard to tape.

Not sure if that helps or not, but if given a choice now I would be looking for Alpinestars or Gaernes.

Cheers

Dave
Frank
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Post by Frank »

anejit wrote:Bit confused as to what type of boots to get for this season, previously I have been wearing Wulf boots but fancy a change. Chris has been wearing fox and alpinestars

We have looked at new Alpinestars but have agreed you are paying for the name now rather than the actual quality of the boots, so we did decide on Sidi crossfires after trying another fellas on, then i made the mistake of trying on Gaernes G-React boots and liked them so now my passenger and I dont know what to choose, such a hard decision isnt it haha

So which boots would you recommend? both from a rider and Passenger view?

Emma & Chris #9 :D
GAERNE are the best in my opinion.
Used them nearly the whole time as rider and it was no problem to race 3 or 4 years with one pair.
Refuse To Lose
Frank Hofmann
Huskypup

Post by Huskypup »

Thankyou both for your helpful advice.

We have decided to go for the gaerne boots :)

Emma xx