AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

Al Wenzel
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

Round 2- AMA National Sidecar MX Series-Results

Post by Al Wenzel »

For all the Teams & Fans,

Well, if you missed the Honey Lake National this year, you really missed out. It was a fantastic track, perfectly suited to the outfits and just a blast to race on. It was great!!!

Chris Johnson & Paul Stimson holeshot both moto's on their EML-Honda CR500. Those guy's get great starts, each and every time! They were on the gas the whole raceday throwing dirt on anyone that was near, including me. Also on hand was Richard Myers and first time passenger Janette Player (aka, "Thorina") on their LH EML-Kawasaki. Myer's is an old hand at the game, but this was Janette's first MX event as a passenger. She did great, and held onto the rig like an old pro. Her movements in the chair were precise and she proved she is no "one lap wonder".

Albuquerque's own Dave Hennessy & Jim Vietti used their VMC-Zabel to good effect all weekend too. They drove their outfit to a solid finish at this round as well, and are now holding down a solid 2nd place in the series. Eric Benson & Dave Mattson took their EML-Honda to Honey Lake to race and race they did. They had a very good finish in the first moto, but the second caught them out as they had a nasty crash coming down the hill towards the finish. They were both quite shaken, but by Sunday they were both walking around and thankfully no bones were broken (except the front panel of their rig). I hope the trip back to Leadville, CO wasn't too tough on them. They're tough guy's and they'll be back!!! Get well soon lad's!!!

Here are the results:

CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS
1. Allen Wenzel/Bryan Wenzel EML-Zabel (1,1) 60 points
2. Chris Johnson/Paul Stimson EML-Honda (3,2) 46 points
3. Dave Hennessy/Jim Vietti VMC-Zabel (2,3) 46 points
4. Richard Myers/Janette Player EML-Kawasaki (5,4) 34 points
5. Eric Benson/Dave Mattson EML-Honda (4, DNF) 18 points

HEAVYWEIGHT CLASS
No Heavywight teams were entered

The third round of the series is set for Sunday, July 17th at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, OH. This event will again run in conjunction with with an AHRMA Post-Vintage National Event. Click the link for more information: http://www.ahrma.org/previews/vmd.htm

There will most likely be a trailer leaving from the West Coast to Mid-Ohio that can haul sidecars for Teams that are interested in flying back to the event. I will post more information as I confirm it.

To check Series Points Standing please go to: http://www.ama-cycle.org/amrace/2005/smx/index.asp

Thanks for a great round at Honey Lake and we will see everyone again in OH!!!

Al,

Allen L. Wenzel
AMA-National Sidecar MX Coordinator
Sidecar MX is the ultimate Team Sport...