USA - CORR Off Road

AMA, AHRMA

Moderator: Scott

chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

USA - CORR Off Road

Post by chris m. johnson »

I am just inquiring the possible interest of USA sidecars participating in a couple of the CORR Offroad events in Chula Vista in the middle to the end of next year (2006). Chula Vista is near San Diego and is held at the San Diego County Fairgrounds.

This is very simular to the famed Miller Highlife Offroad challenges previously held at Riverside Raceway and Glen Helen Raceway in the 80s, held in conjunction with offroad cars and trucks (not at the same time though). These courses are fast with lofty jumps and wide, high speed turns and sidecars look great racing on these layouts.

I am just asking for possible interest before approaching the CORR Promoters to see if this would be at all possible. Hope to have some interest because it sounds like it could be a good time with heavyweights, bigbore MX rigs, TT rigs etc,etc. These courses are farely smooth (compared to MX,GPs & desert) and just about everyone could race.

Here is the weblink to CORR OFFROAD:
http://www.corracing.com/

There are four dates to choose from in Chula Vista for 2006:
May 20-21 / July 15-16 / September 23-24 / October 28-29

CHEERS and please respond either on an extended post, or email at aircmj@aol.com

Chris
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.
DaveSidoti

Post by DaveSidoti »

:-D You read my mind Chris. I went to both weekends of CORR racing in chula vista last year. I was thinking the whole time, How perfect the track is for hacks. Very high speed, looooong straightaways with long lofty jumps, like Chris said, and wide flat and hi banked turns. It would be a ton of fun and would bring the crowd to their feet much like the TT's I put together with WCFTS a few years ago. (at the TT races I could hear the crowd cheering through my helmet when I made a pass!)
I think this would be an extremely fun race for the Hacks. If we can make this happen I will have to see if I could borrow a bike :-P
And it is also a great time watching the Trucks and Buggies
DaveSidoti

Post by DaveSidoti »

Oh ya, I may also have an inside line here. my boss knows Jim Baldwin personally.
chris m. johnson
Active Visitor 100
Active Visitor 100

CORR Offroad

Post by chris m. johnson »

You are so right Dave - good to see you online.

I remember back in the 80s, sidecars had the opportunity to run the Miller high life offroad challenge at both Glen Helen & Riverside - too much fun to be legal.

Several years ago when we ran Gene Romeros Flat Track Series on the TTs, that was cool gig that you lined us up with and the croud loved the HELL out of us, especially in Watsonville.

Keep posting interest and lets try to get this thing to happen. CIAO - Chris
TEAM SOLTRON
Chris Johnson, Jack, Randy, Brian, Kylie, Paul (Califiornia GP, DESERT, MX - #Z1) Soltron, EventPhoto, Marks Performance Products.