No Dakar for Whitney - Team Hog Wild

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

No Dakar for Whitney - Team Hog Wild

Post by Scott »

In the past month I solved my passenger problem and also saved enough money to pay for Dakar without a big sponsor. But then I read that motorcycle entries are CLOSED for Dakar 2005. For the first time, there are more motorcycles trying to enter the race than the available positions. By early August there were 280 motorcycles trying to enter the race, but only 200 available positions. So, they closed the entries early, and told MANY people they can not race Dakar 2005. I asked if we could have special permission to enter the race, but they said NO MORE MOTORCYCLES. So, I am not allowed to race in Dakar 2005. This is really difficult for me because I worked so hard for several years, and solved many big problems this year. And now when I have everything ready, the door is closed. So, the only hope for me is that I can race Dakar 2006.

Let's all wish the best of luck for the Swiss sidecar team of Sandro Lanaro and Ruedi Howald. They got their entry in early, and will be the only sidecar in the Dakar 2005.
Last edited by Scott on Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
johanjeppsson

Post by johanjeppsson »

Feel sorry for you Scott. Keep the faith and make a great race in 2006!

/Johan