Dakar question

News about sidecars competing in the Dakar Rally and other enduro related items

Moderator: Scott

Dakar1979

Dakar question

Post by Dakar1979 »

Hello Dakar fans,

I am currently live in United States, New Jersey. Last year i watched Dakar Rally on SPEEDTV so as many people in USA and other countries. But since SPEEDTV is not showing The Dakar Rally anymore, wich international channels are transleting/showing the Dakar Rally?
I`m sorry it may not be the right forum for that particular question, but i tried search my local provider they doesnt even have a local channel listings.

Thank you... and good luck to all of the dakar racers :)
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dakar question

Post by Rien.nl »

Dakar1979 wrote:Hello Dakar fans,

I am currently live in United States, New Jersey. Last year i watched Dakar Rally on SPEEDTV so as many people in USA and other countries. But since SPEEDTV is not showing The Dakar Rally anymore, wich international channels are transleting/showing the Dakar Rally?
I`m sorry it may not be the right forum for that particular question, but i tried search my local provider they doesnt even have a local channel listings.

Thank you... and good luck to all of the dakar racers :)
Click on the link below and see who will do the 2005 coverage
http://www.dakar.com/2005/docs/dp_novembre_2004_e.pdf
Many information is available on the official Dakar website http://www.dakar.com
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

This year here in the States, Dakar is covered by OLN (olntv.com). They are not covering it "next day" like Speed Channel did. The OLN coverage will come after the race is finished. Next year they MAY go back to the daily coverage.
Dakar1979

Serge

Post by Dakar1979 »

That is very sad news... i`ve been watching Dakar since the first official coverege was shown on TV back in USSR. I just have already sand to SPEED channel a note, that they have lost one of the fan of theirs (wich is probably they dont really care) and i may gonna have to take a look at OLN channel.
Anyway, thank you all for your help and time.

Serge,
Dakar1979

Serge

Post by Dakar1979 »

I just did small research on my TV and i found on channel OLN the Dakar Rally. It will be going on from 9:30pm to 10:00pm on Wednesday and its only will be covering the bike ride of Dakar. I think it is a shame not to cover the Dakar Rally, its only once a year and it takes only a few weeks when there is such a huge amount of channels wich does not show anyhting interested...
bsachris

Re: Serge

Post by bsachris »

Dakar1979 wrote:I just did small research on my TV and i found on channel OLN the Dakar Rally. It will be going on from 9:30pm to 10:00pm on Wednesday and its only will be covering the bike ride of Dakar.
Interestingly, OLN is showing DAKAR RALLY TEAM USA RIDER SEARCH 14 times between now and its actual 2005 Dakar coverage. Description on that event is "Six motorcycle riders endure a punishing, five-day desert racing challenge near Death Valley, Calif. The six American riders include Kenny Bartram, Casey McCoy, Kellon Walch, Jonah Street, Chris Blais and Andy Grider. Their dream: a spot on the Red Bull KTM USA Dakar Rally team that will compete as the only All-American team at the 2005 Dakar Rally, which kicks off January 1 in Barcelona, Spain and completes 16 days later in Dakar, Senegal in West Africa." I'm sure its interesting, but since that same series has been on for several weeks, I'd rather see the real thing! I'll be digging out the 2004 tapes as relief!