Infos about sidecar engines

Questions and answers about mechanical things, sidecar construction, riding techniques, etc.

Moderators: Rien.nl, Scott

hans051

Infos about sidecar engines

Post by hans051 »

Hello, I'm new in the sidecar scene and I'm searching the best engine.

As I'm informed there are only 2 options: Zabel or MTH/MTR. I'm searched information about this MTH engine, but it seems that the company does not exist anymore.

Does anyone know what kind of MTH/MTR engines exist? I have heard about 633ccm, 650ccm, 680ccm, 700ccm.
Are the newer Zabel engines really better than the older ones? What do you prefer? Why?

Are there reliable dyno results about torque/power? I think Zabels 82 hp is a little bit too high.
How is the power curve compared to a "normal" engine?
How is the durability (piston, transmission etc.)?

Thanks a lot!
Rien.nl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Infos about sidecar engines

Post by Rien.nl »

Just click the banner above this topic or visit http://www.mega-engine.com/
Frank
Team SidecarCross.com
Team SidecarCross.com

Re: Infos about sidecar engines

Post by Frank »

hans051 wrote:Hello, I'm new in the sidecar scene and I'm searching the best engine.

As I'm informed there are only 2 options: Zabel or MTH/MTR. I'm searched information about this MTH engine, but it seems that the company does not exist anymore.

Does anyone know what kind of MTH/MTR engines exist? I have heard about 633ccm, 650ccm, 680ccm, 700ccm.
Are the newer Zabel engines really better than the older ones? What do you prefer? Why?

Are there reliable dyno results about torque/power? I think Zabels 82 hp is a little bit too high.
How is the power curve compared to a "normal" engine?
How is the durability (piston, transmission etc.)?

Thanks a lot!
Hello,
For further information regarding Zabel engines please check www.zabel-racing.de or www.zabel-motor.com
Take a look on the GP results of the last year to get an impression if the engines are good or not.
A lot of GP team use them because they are cheaper than high performance 4-strokes.
The new MEGA engine is similar to the Zabel but not many teams us them at the moment.
Regards, Frank
Refuse To Lose
Frank Hofmann